I’ve been working on this post inside of my head for several days now, ever since I grabbed some organic pumpkin at the supermarket. Pumpkin has incredible benefits for the skin, and you can use any form of organic, natural pumpkin for this mask…even the kind straight from the gourd you pick on the farm! Here is the full video tutorial:
DIY All-Natural Pumpkin Face Mask:
- 1/4 Cup Organic Pumpkin (No preservatives or additives)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- Raw, Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together with a spoon in a bowl until the consistency is thick like yogurt or baby food.
- Spread an even, thin layer all over skin and let the mask set until dry.
- Rinse off mask and apply your favorite moisturizer.
BENEFITS OF THIS ALL-NATURAL FACE MASK:
- Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C, and is especially great for those of you who are looking to fight environmental or sun damage. Pumpkin helps to remedy the damage, and contains natural enzymes that exfoliate and renew dry and dead skin cells. Pumpkin is great for acne, as well, promoting anti-inflammation, reducing pore size, fighting excess oil, and preventing pimples. Your skin will look incredibly glowing and new after you use this face mask!
- Raw honey is a great humectant for the skin, which attracts moisture and keeps it locked inside. In this case, the raw honey keeps all the nutrients from the face mask locked into your pores. It’s also fantastic for wound healing of any kind, especially sun spots, acne scars and marks, and general scars. If you have aging skin, you’ll be happy to know that honey has natural anti-aging properties as well!
- Ground cinnamon brings circulation and oxygen to the skin naturally, allowing blood flow to promote skin healing and turnover. Acne sufferers will love that cinnamon can dry out acne naturally. Cinnamon is also a natural skin-plumper for those of you who have fine lines or aging skin. It is, however, not recommended for very sensitive skin to use cinnamon, as it may irritate your face.
- Egg helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate, and make skin look vastly brighter and tighter. Eggs have been used as beauty products since 3000 B.C. Naturally, if you have an egg allergy, abstain from using this ingredient and apply more honey to thicken and emulsify your mask instead.
- Cane Sugar acts as a natural exfoliant. The granules will shrink and dissolve inside the mixture, but you will still be left with small, gentle, non-abrasive scrubbing “beads” that slough off dead skin cells.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (optional for oily skin) makes an amazing all-natural skin astringent and toner. It gets rid of excess oil, shrinks pores, and helps heal acne.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional for dry skin) adds natural moisture into that skin that will lock into every pore without causing acne.
If you try this mask out at home, I would love to hear how it went for you. You can add in or leave ingredients out based on your skin type and preferences. The best part is that this face mask is all-natural, so there are no harsh chemicals or preservatives on your skin. You will be left with soft, smooth, glowing skin!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]