Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so I figured it would be perfect to do a L-O-V-E inspired makeup look using the new Urban Decay Vice Limited Palette I just swatched. Please feel free to change this look up however you please, making it your own and tailoring it to your liking. I personally love pinks and purples for Valentine’s Day, so this look includes plenty of that. I’ve got the full tutorial inside as well as the finished look!
THE EYE MAKEUP:
For this look, I used the Urban Decay Vice Limited Palette. I placed numbers over the shades I used. Here’s exactly how to get the look:
- After applying eye primer, apply Shade 1 over your entire eyelid and lower lash-line. This shade won’t show up much and that is exactly what we want. Laying down an invisible base helps all the other eyeshadow shades to blend evenly.
- Apply Shade 2 lightly into the crease of your eye and blend upward.
- Using Shade 3 and Shade 4 mixed together, apply these to the socket of your eye and blend upward generously toward your brows. This will be your transition color and will give you a really soft, beautiful, ethereal violet look to your eyelids.
- Apply Shade 5 into the crease of your eye only. Build this color up by going back a few times and apply it directly into the crease with a windshield wiper motion. Also apply this shade to your lower lash-line and use Shade 3 and Shade 4 to blend this out along your lower lashes and create a smokey look.
- With a wet makeup brush, pat on Shade 6 to your eyelid area and the inner corners of your eyes. Go back and apply some more of Shade 5 into the crease of your eye only to blend everything out well and make sure you didn’t extend your eyelid shade too far up into your crease.
- Apply black eyeliner to your water-line and tight-line your upper lashes. Create a thin cat-eye along your upper lash-line and wing that baby out!
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
OTHER EYE PRODUCTS USED:
- Ardency Inn Modster Eyeliner in Black
- Tarteist Clay Liner in Black (this stuff is the BEST eyeliner I have ever used)
- Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Black
The look is romantic and includes purple and pink with a hint of sophistication from the eyeliner. I love the eyelid shade. It adds the perfect pop of playful shimmer to the look and really lights up your eyes. Also, it cannot be said enough how much I am in love with the new Tarteist Clay Liner. I have been using it non-stop and it is hands down the best eyeliner I’ve ever owned and used.
I used the brand new NYX Intense Butter Gloss in “Tres Leches.”
THE FACE MAKEUP:
For the face makeup, I kept it simple and clean. I applied the brand new NARS All-Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Stromboli. It’s a really lightweight, airy foundation that only requires a few drops to look perfect. I used my Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette to contour and highlight my cheekbones, nose, and forehead. I lightly applied LORAC Baked Matte Satin Blush in Flaunt to my cheeks. To highlight my cheekbones even more, I used my all-time favorite BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. I used Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Auburn to fill in my eyebrows. Lastly, I set everything in place with the new Smashbox Primer Water.
THE FINISHED LOOK:
To see full swatches and a review on the Urban Decay Vice Limited Palette used in this look, click here. I will have more Valentine’s Day makeup looks coming in the next several days!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
Leave a Reply