[Product sent for review.]
When I was approached to participate in the Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X blogger review program, I honestly found myself getting a little bit emotional. My entire life, I have struggled with sensitive skin on my body, especially after shaving my legs. In the last several years, my legs have become even more sensitive after shaving, to the point that I will itch and scratch until I bleed, leaving unsightly marks and scars on my calves. People have asked me, “What happened to your calves?” The answer is always the same: my skin simply hates shaving and the process of the hair growing back in. It was never as simple as “just stop itching” for me, especially when the itching is so intense that it actually felt like a burning sensation. I often brought up the idea of getting laser hair removal professionally done and my husband agreed that it was something I should invest in, if not for the sake of the skin on my calves not looking awful.
The Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X is an at-home hair removal laser for face and body that permanently reduces unwanted hair. It is the only FDA-approved at-home laser treatment for hair removal on the market. The price tag is somewhere around $449.00USD, which is indeed an investment, but much more inexpensive than going to get laser hair removal done in an office. You can use this device in the privacy of your own home and on your own time. Being able to test out and try this product is probably one of the most exciting things I have been invited to take part in so far as a blogger.
This product has the ability to completely change my daily life permanently. It has the ability to increase my confidence in showing my legs without scratch marks or scars on them. It has the ability to save me the time and trouble of having to shave constantly. It has the ability to get rid of unwanted and unsightly hair that I may feel self-conscious about. Permanently.
Here is how the Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X works:
- Once the device is charged, via a typical electric plug and charger, you turn the device on and unlock it by placing the bottom of the device onto your skin. It unlocks based on the built-in skin sensor on the bottom of the device. The built-in skin sensor makes sure that your skin is suitable for the device. It works effectively on light to medium skin and medium to dark hair.
- Make sure your skin is prepped by cleansing, shaving, and towel-drying. The laser works on the hair inside the follicle, which is underneath the skin.
- Choose a treatment area and place the laser tip on the area of the skin you wish to treat, making sure it is flat against your skin. Once you hold the laser tip in place, you will hear two beeps. That means the laser treated that specific area properly.
- After you hear the two beeps, lift and place the laser tip on the skin so that it overlaps the previous area by around one fourth of an inch or so. If at any time the laser isn’t flat with the skin or it is not correctly placed, you will hear a beeping noise that is lower and indicates that it did not pulse properly. You can then fix the positioning so that it pulses correctly.
- On the device, there is a Pulse Counter on the digital display. It shows you how many times you have successfully used the laser on your skin. It guides you as to how many pulses you have used, so that you can use the optimal number depending on what area of your body you are treating.
- Turn the device off and recharge it for next time!
The Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X has 5 levels. It is recommended to start on the first level and move up as you feel comfortable with the sensation. The higher the level, the faster and better the results. However, the sensation from the laser can vary from absolutely nothing to a slight sting to an intense heat sensation. Some people compare it to having a rubber-band snapped against your skin. It all depends on your own pain threshold, the area you are treating, and what level the device is on.
I have a very high pain threshold, so I started on a Level 3 after I felt absolutely nothing on the first two levels. On Level 3, I noticed that it would sting more in certain spots, such as near my ankles and where my leg hair is darker and more coarse. It was never a lasting pain and it was nothing unbearable. In fact, the longer I used the device, the less I felt any stinging or heat sensations. I was able to finish both of my legs from the knee to the ankle in around thirty minutes on a Level 4. During this time, I was able to watch a movie, which is great. You can use this device on your own time and do it while you are enjoying a movie, a TV show, or even reading. It’s fast and simple to use.
This device will not work on darker skin tones or grey, blonde, and red hair. It is designed to work on fair to light brown skin tones and light brown to black hair. After your first treatment, you may experience mild redness that quickly dissipates. I was also sent the Tria Calming Gel, which you can rub onto your skin to help with any discomfort during treatment.
I have not used the Calming Gel yet because I actually haven’t felt that I needed it. My legs did not experience any bad reaction to the product at all besides the initial slight stinging and heat sensations.
After two to three months of treatment, hair regrowth will begin to appear lighter and finer. You will begin to see a visible reduction in the amount of re-growth, especially in areas where hair growth tends to be dense. After three months of treatment, hair follicles that have been deactivated by the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X will no longer grow hair.
I will be using this product for exactly three months on a weekly basis to see the results for myself. I will be documenting and photographing my results along the way for you to see. I am currently on my first week of using the product and according to Tria, you will not see results during the first week. However, I have noticed that the hair on my legs that I have treated so far seems to be growing back in slower than usual. I used to have to shave every other day and this week I was able to shave only ONCE without my hair growing back as it normally did.
I don’t know if it is possible to see results after just one treatment, but considering I started on a Level 3 and went up to a Level 4 almost immediately, I feel that I am definitely seeing results already. I am extremely excited to continue using this product weekly. I look forward to seeing all the positive changes in not only my hair growth, but with the issues of my itchy, irritated skin.
Be sure to follow along with me on my journey. I am incredibly enthusiastic about sharing my experience with you and how much my hair growth has changed from this device!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]