Happy Friday! I’m excited that the weekend is here and my mind is full of daydreams today, so I figured I would do a Top 5 Current Favorite Lip Products post. These are for Spring 2014, because as you know, I am always swapping out favorite lip colors and brands. I put together a mixture of lip care, lipstick, lip stain, and lip gloss in my favorites so there’s something for everyone. More after the jump,
1. Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in “055 – Stockholm Chic” – I love the brand new Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains! They are a lot like the YSL Glossy Stains, except a fraction of the price, and they feel really nice on your lips. They’re very moisturizing feeling, almost like a lip balm, and they put down nice color. The texture isn’t sticky or artificially scented and is reminiscent of a gel-like texture. If you’re eating or drinking, these will eventually transfer off your lips but if you’re just going about your day, these stay put wonderfully. Stockholm Chic is a gorgeous terracotta mauve color with shimmer to it. It’s almost a “your lips but better” shade and will really look great on medium to dark skin tones with warm or olive undertones.
2. Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in “025 – Cannes Crush” – This is the same product as above, just a different color. Whoa baby, is this one beautiful! This is the epitome of summertime right here with its bright coral color and glossiness. This is a universally flattering color on absolutely anyone of any skin tone. These Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains are now available at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide.
3. MAC Lipstick in “Sin” – This lipstick is a dark reddish-brown shade. It shows up quite dark in real life and is very vampy. It’s matte so it tends to be a bit drying, but I love the way the dark reddish-brown matte finish looks. Dark lips are a bit of an anomaly in the summer months, so I love wearing them from time to time.
4. Dose of Colors Lipstick in “Play Date” – This brand is everything you could ever want in an indie makeup brand and more. I’m addicted to their lip gloss and lipstick and I would own every single product they have if money were no object! Play Date is a gorgeous pale pink shade, reminiscent of Barbie and all the pinks you see on dolls out there. This is really classic and goes perfect with a smokey eye! All of the Dose of Colors products are insanely pigmented.
5. LUSH Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip Scrub – I’ve reviewed this product before, years ago, on my blog. I’ve been using it for years and I just can’t stop repurchasing it. It’s a super sweet lip scrub that smells and tastes like bubblegum. It is 100% edible and safe, so if you want to lick it off, you can! I spread a small amount on my lips when they are chapped or need exfoliation, and buff in small circles. I use a wet washcloth to wipe it off, although as I said, you can eat it off since it’s made of sugar!
What are some of your current favorite lip products?
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]