This weekend I had the fantastic opportunity to stay overnight at a Ritz-Carlton hotel with all expenses paid for me. It was my first time ever staying at a Ritz-Carlton hotel, and it was hands down the most lavish, luxurious twenty-four hours I’ve ever spent in my life. I brought my Modella Weekender Set with me to carry my makeup and then it came to me that it’d be a cool idea to show you what makeup I travel with on a regular basis. There are certain makeup items I just tend to be glued to when I travel because they multi-task and don’t take up a lot of room. Others are simply timeless, classic products that are tried-and-tested and I can’t be without. I broke down what I include in my travel makeup bag inside!
[This review may contain press sample(s) sent for consideration at one time.]
This was my first time staying at a Ritz-Carlton hotel and I was extremely excited and didn’t know what to expect. When we got into the room, I was thoroughly impressed with how lavish everything was, but then I opened these two huge tall wooden doors and heaven descended upon me. Just kidding. The bathroom was like heaven to me, though, and I wanted to spend most of my time in there.
There is an actual TV inside of the mirror in the bathroom. I am a huge tech-geek and I was pretty psyched when I saw it. I need one of these in my bathroom at home, pronto.
The bag I used to travel with is my Modella 3-Piece Weekender Set in “Flower Hour.” I love this set, it’s not only cute but it’s incredibly functional and organizes all of my makeup perfectly. It also comes with clear containers and a loofah which makes my life a lot easier. Here are the essential makeup items I brought with me on the trip:
- Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray. This is a must for when the weather gets hot and humid. It just happened to be both hot and humid, and rainy, so I needed something that was going to keep my makeup in place. Plus, it keeps your makeup in place all night long through dinner, drinks, walking, dancing, and bad weather. It’s a must for those with oily-skin like I have. It helps so your makeup doesn’t run down your face when your skin inevitably gets shiny.
- Benefit Fake-Up Concealer. This concealer is my new favorite and I’ve been using it every single day. It’s soft, smooth, creamy, and it doesn’t settle into the creases underneath my eyes. It really brings light to the under-eye area as well. If you’re concerned about concealer looking cakey or thick, or settling into fine lines and wrinkles, this is basically your dream option. I have a full review of the Benefit Fake-Up Concealer on my site.
- YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. If I’m traveling somewhere special, especially if it is only for a night or two, I’ll always whip out my “luxury” foundation. I love this YSL foundation because it leaves a gorgeous dewy look behind, but it’s expensive, and I won’t use it on an everyday basis for that reason. Since this was a one night stay for me, I brought it and used it.
- Sonia Kashuk Illuminating Bronzer in “Goddess.” I love this bronzer for adding warmth and color to my face, but I also use it to contour my cheekbones and nose. It’s not completely matte, but it’s matte enough that I can use it for contouring as well as bronzing my complexion. I like bringing as many multi-tasking products as I can and this one is wonderful. It’s also very, very pigmented so a little bit goes a very long way.
- LORAC Pro Palette. This is hands-down one of my top three favorite eyeshadow palettes EVER. It is thin, lightweight, and slips into my travel bag with ease. Oh, and did I mention it comes with SIXTEEN eyeshadow shades? Eight matte shades and eight shimmer shades, all neutral, give you what you want every single time. I can do a subtle daytime look with this or I can do a dramatic smokey eye.
- NARS “Deep Throat” Blush. A lot of people love the NARS “Orgasm” blush, and while it is also a favorite of mine, I actually use “Deep Throat” more often because it’s a little deeper in tone for my olive complexion. It’s a great everyday blush shade and one of my favorites.
- Billion Dollar Brows Universal Eyebrow Pencil. I don’t go anywhere without this pencil. The company contacted me to review their products and I became a huge personal fan of their eyebrow products. I refuse to use anything else now, and I’ve already gone through two of these pencils! It also has a spoolie on the end so you can brush through your eyebrows. I’ve got a Billion Dollar Brows review here.
- MAC RiRi Woo Lipstick (or any classic red lipstick). I just received MAC’s RiRi Woo Lipstick, but I always travel with a classic red lipstick because it’s sophisticated and sexy. It’s the perfect lipstick for a night out on the town or a special dinner reservation. I figured if there was any time to wear MAC RiRi Woo Lipstick, it was at the Ritz-Carlton!
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara. My favorite mascara at the moment, and the one I use on a daily basis. I have been using their “Lash Blast” mascara for years now, but this one is incredible and makes my lashes look amazing.
- Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes. I very rarely wear false lashes when I’m out, but when I do, my all-time favorite lashes are these. They look really natural and yet make your eyes pop. I would wear these for a fancy dinner, paired with my classic red lipstick.
- My Favorite Brushes. I used to make this mistake all the time while I was traveling: brush overload. The truth is, you only need six good makeup brushes while traveling, maybe even less. My favorite brushes are the ones you see above: (from left) Mia Mariu Crease Brush, Sigma Makeup Angled Eyelid Brush, Sonia Kashuk Angled Eyeliner Brush, It Cosmetics Dual-Sided Brush, Real Techniques Blush Brush, and my E.l.f Powder Brush (which I use to apply my foundation).
Overall, this is typically what I would travel with in terms of makeup, even if I was traveling for a few days. There were some items I left out of this article that I consider to be “staple” items that don’t take up a lot of space like eyeshadow primer, foundation primer, lip balm, and an eyelash curler. It may seem like a lot of makeup to bring, or on the contrary, it might seem like nothing compared to what you pack. For me personally, I used to bring way too much makeup with me when I traveled, even if it was only for a night or two. I constantly felt overloaded and weighed down, and I would end up not even using most of what I brought. This is to show you what I have found works for me in terms of traveling and how I can achieve several makeup looks with only a few main products.
What do you use for your makeup when you travel? What are your favorite items to bring? Leave a comment below!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article may contain a sample product provided by a brand or PR company. Beauty Gala's opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]