When it comes to New Year’s Eve makeup, it’s go big or go home! There have been years where I haven’t even gone out to do anything, but I still put on some sparkling eye makeup for the night. I just think it’s a really fun, festive occasion where the more glitter and glitz, the merrier. I used Sephora’s Glitter in “Holographic” for this look, and I have to say that I really liked the glitter. It’s super sparkly and it stayed on my eyelids really well. I’ve got the full look inside with all of the products I used!
This eye makeup is dramatic. Here are the products I used with some substitution ideas:
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette “Nooner” Eyeshadow in the crease of my eye. Any matte mauve brown shade will do here. You just want a shade that will create a natural looking shadow and definition in the socket of your eye.
- MAC Cosmetics Silver Pigment over the entire eyelid and along the lower lash-line. I used a metallic silver shade that was from a limited edition summer collection. Any super metallic silver eyeshadow will do, and I know Maybelline has some really great ones available at the drugstore.
- Sephora “Holographic” Glitter Eye Duo is then pressed over the entire eyelid. This is really the product that makes the look. I paid around $14 for the duo of eye primer and glitter. I lightly patted the primer over the metallic silver to create a sticky base for the glitter to adhere to.
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner was applied with a cat-flick to my upper lash-line.
- L’oreal Smoldering Kohl Eyeliner was applied to my lower water-line for a smokey effect.
- Ardell Demi Wispies were applied to finish off the look. These are really pretty lashes that add length and volume but still look somewhat natural.
The Sephora Glittering Eye Duo is really a lovely product. I was impressed with how little fall-out of the product there was. I hate when I’m working with glitter on the eyes and it ends up everywhere. This stayed put for a long time and didn’t make my whole face look like a ball of glitter.
For the face:
- Rimmel’s Stay Matte Foundation was applied over my entire face. I have raved about this foundation before but it’s AMAZING. If you have oily skin, you have to grab this foundation. It has a medium to full coverage to it, and makes your skin look baby smooth.
- Tarte “Hotel Heiress” Bronzer was used to contour my cheekbones, nose, and forehead. Since the eyes are dramatic, I wanted to stick with bronzer only. Sculpted features are perfect for this look!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder was applied generously to my cheekbones, forehead, nose, and chin. I never leave home without this highlighter. It is one of my favorite makeup items EVER!
For the lips, I used a plain Wet n Wild Lip-gloss in a nude shade. It cost under $3 at the drugstore. I wanted to keep the lips glossy and youthful since this is a New Year’s Eve look.
The finished look is perfected, glowing, highlighted skin with glossy nude lips and super glittering eye makeup. Even these photographs don’t do this glitter justice. When you wear this look, you’ll get compliments all night long. It’s an attention grabber and very festive. Glitter is always a great way to ring in 2014!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]