For this tutorial I used the stunning Flower Beauty Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad in Foxy Browns, which I reviewed and swatched today. As I was looking at the neutrals in the mirror, I decided to top it all off with the brand new Milani Ultrafine Eye Liner in Prismatic Purple. I love the combination of a very soft, dazzling neutral smokey eye combined with that bright punch of color. This is a makeup look that will make any eye color look absolutely beautiful…hence the power of purple! To see how to achieve this look,
Above is a guide for the eyeshadow palette I specifically used. I used Flower Cosmetics “Foxy Browns” Palette.
- Apply the shade marked “Eyelid” over your entire eyelid area, stopping at the crease. You can also apply a small amount of this along your lower lash-line for some subtle shimmer.
- Apply the shade marked “Socket” to the crease area of your eye only. I very softly applied this into my crease, making sure to keep it there and not blend it too far upward. We want the crease color to be subtle, light-reflecting, and blended out beautifully.
- Apply the shade marked “Outer V” to the outer “V” of your eyelid. Think of the letter “V” laying sideways along the outer corner of your eye if you are unsure where to place this color. Blend, blend, blend. This will slightly darken the outer corner of your eye up and add dimension to the look.
- Apply the shade marked “Inner Corners” along the inner corners of your eyes, as well as your brow-bone for a highlighted look.
- Apply a white or flesh colored eyeliner along your lower water-line to help open up the eye and make you look refreshed.
- Apply a bright colored eyeliner along your upper lash-line. This is the fun part of the look! I used Milani Cosmetics Ultrafine Eye Liner in “Prismatic Purple.” I flicked the eyeliner out into a cat-eye shape. The purple adds the perfect pop of color that keeps the look fun.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
You can use any similar products in your makeup collection, but I absolutely love both the Flower Beauty Eyeshadow Palette and the Milani Eye Liner. Both are fantastic drugstore products that won’t break the bank!
The Finished Look:
The end result is luminous, neutral makeup with a really fun, bright pop of violet color. The entire eye look was created using products from the drugstore, too, so anyone can recreate this look! Below, I’ve included links to both of the products I used for this look. Each link contains photographs, swatches, and a review of the products I used for this look if you are interested.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article contains a sample product provided by the brand or PR company. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]