My sister went to prom this weekend, and after looking through a seemingly endless lineup of red prom dresses, I can safely say she is going to steal the show. However all the prom insanity resulted in my vanity looking like a huge mess, which resulted in me digging out the palettes I used and putting them away. I came across my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, which I’ve had for seemingly forever, but haven’t used as much as I would like. I put together a Lashes for Days makeup look. It focuses on the eye makeup and is soft and neutral, with the exception of the eyelashes which are long, wispy, and really make my eyes stand out. Full tutorial inside,
EYE MAKEUP: This is the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Each shade has an individual name, but I numbered them, so if you have the same palette, it’s easy to follow along.
- Place Shade #1 onto the crease of your eye generously, and blend upward toward your brow-bone. This is your “transition” shade that will stick out above your crease.
- Place Shade #2 into the crease of your eyes only and lightly blend out with a fluffy blending brush.
- Place Shade #3 along the outer part of your eye and blend it out. Repeat this with your lower lash-line.
- Apply Shade #4 along your entire eyelid, inner corners, and along the lower lash-line. Wet your brush and pat the shade onto the middle of your eyelid for added effect.
- Use Shade #5 to blend out Shade #1 that is near your eyebrows.
I used Urban Decay’s “Perversion” Liner on my lower water-line and Inglot’s AMC Gel Liner in #77 along the upper lash-line. I used Dior’s Iconic Overcurl Mascara and Eylure Lashes.
LIPS: I wanted to keep it pink-toned (since UD Naked 3 is mainly pink toned), and shimmery. I used MAC’s “Nymphette” Lipglass.
FACE MAKEUP: I kept it dewy, light, and glowing. I used Revlon Photoready Foundation, NYX HD Concealer in “Light,” and contoured my cheekbones.
I feel sort of bad for not picking up my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette more often, but I suppose sometimes it takes doing a lot of event makeup to help you clean house and realize what you’ve been neglecting!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
Just wanted to let you know- I used this look for work today and one of my customers loved it so much she is going out to buy a Naked 3 palette tomorrow. She wants to use this look for her wedding!
That is awesome! Thank you so much!