I’ve been on a roll with holiday makeup looks lately. I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but I enjoy sitting down at my vanity after a long day and decompressing by playing with makeup. I decided to do a super lustrous gold sparkle look on the eyes with contoured cheekbones, pink blush, and glossy pink lips. It’s very feminine and this makeup will catch the light beautifully, sending sparkles in the way of anyone who is looking! I’m using a favorite product of mine for the eyes, LORAC 3D Lustre Drops, which are a revolutionary product that you drop onto the back of your hand and pat onto your eyelids for insanely beautiful sparkle. I’ve got the full look inside with all the products I used!
[May contain press samples.]
EYE PRODUCTS USED:
- CARGO Vintage Escape Palette. You can use any palette you own that has neutral shades in it. I used a light copper-toned brown shade that is matte (no sparkle) into the crease of the eye, blending upward. I did this several times until the intensity was built up to my liking. Next, I applied a pure shimmering gold shade over the entire eyelid and along the lower lash-line. If you wet your brush, the gold will look even more metallic and shimmering.
- LORAC 3D Lustre Drops. My magic product! This product is really cool because it comes with a tiny little dropper, which you squeeze out onto your hand, finger, or a small brush. You can then pat the product onto your eyelids, on your cheekbones, or on your lips. I patted this on top of my eyelids over the metallic gold. It created a GORGEOUS sparkling effect that not even the camera could properly pick up. I highly recommend these Lustre Drops because they’re so versatile, they dry quickly, and the glitter within the product is extremely fine so you don’t have to deal with any grittiness.
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner in “Black.” My favorite drugstore eyeliner! I flicked it out into a cat-eye, as usual.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara in “Black.” This lengthens, volumizes, and makes your lashes look amazing.
- Ardell Demi Wispies. These are one of my favorite false eyelash brands and make ever. I added them for an extra intensity to the eye.
LIP PRODUCTS USED:
- Milani Lip Liner in “05 – Haute Pink.” This outlined my lips and made them look more full.
- Maybelline Lip Gloss in “250 – Riveting Rose.” This is such a beautiful Barbie pink shade. It complements the sparkling fairy-dust eye makeup well!
FACE PRODUCTS USED:
- Revlon Photoready Foundation in “005 – Natural Beige.” Great drugstore foundation with medium coverage that is buildable. This is a foundation that photographs wonderfully, as well.
- Too Faced “Hotel Heiress” Bronzer. For contouring my cheekbones and adding warmth to my face, this is my favorite bronzer.
- Smashbox Blush Rush in “Radiance.” Great cool-toned hot pink shade to add to the apples of the cheeks along with my contoured cheekbones.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette. I never leave home without applying this stuff. It’s a miracle product that I can’t do without. It adds a highlight to my skin that looks so natural and blurs imperfections. Love, love, LOVE!
THE FINISHED LOOK:
If you’re more of a glitz and glamour kind of person, this is a great holiday makeup look for you. The lip gloss keeps the look youthful and the sparkling gold shimmer on the eyelids will light up your eyes. It’s a very festive look for this time of year!
If you’re interested in the LORAC 3D Liquid Lustre, you can find it online here at LORAC’s website and at Sephora & Ulta stores nationwide.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article contains a sample product provided by the brand or PR company. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]