I missed out on the original launch of this palette and then a couple of restocks. I thought it was gorgeous but I just wasn’t sure about it. Low and behold, a few weeks ago, the Dose of Colors Hidden Treasure Palette comes back into stock and I decide to pull the trigger and purchase it. I’ve been using it non-stop since I purchased it and I cannot bring myself to put it aside most days when I’m doing my eye makeup! It just has the most beautiful combination of neutral matte shades and extreme shimmer and metallics. I put together this ruby eye makeup look for all of my blue and green eyed beauties out there who want to make their eyes pop like crazy. Don’t worry if you have brown or hazel eyes though, this will still make them shine and flatter those gorgeous eyeballs of yours!
HOW TO GET THIS LOOK:
- Apply Locket (matte brown with warm, orange undertones) to the socket of your eye and generously blend this upward toward your brow-bone. This is our transition shade and we just want it to pop out from underneath our crease shade.
- Apply Key to the crease of your eye only, focus firing it back and forth, building it up in a windshield wiper motion.
- Apply Ruby with a wet makeup brush to the eyelids and also along your lower lash-line.
- Apply Pearl to your brow-bones and inner tear ducts for a pop of shimmer.
- Go back with Key and blend out the Ruby along your lower lash-line to soften it up. You can also go back over the crease of your eyes so there are no harsh lines between your lid color and your crease color.
To finish the look off, I applied a flesh-toned eyeliner to my lower water-line generously. I love the way this looks because it really opens the eyes up and makes them look huge. I used my favorite, MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20.
I also lightly lined my upper lash-line with black eyeliner so that the false lashes I used would blend in better. I used Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in “Trooper.” The false lashes I decided to use are Koko Lashes #102. They are sky-high in length but not crazy in volume, which I thought would take away from the overall look. The long lashes are the perfect finishing touch!
The eyeshadow shades in the Dose of Colors Hidden Treasure Palette are just so insanely pigmented and lovely. Their metallics are one-of-a-kind and really stand out when used with a wet or dampened brush. This makeup look will look great on every eye color, however if you do have blue or green eyes, get ready for them to pop like no other!
I finished this look off with a neutral face palette. I used Wet n Wild “Mellow Wine” Blush which is $2.99 and can be found at your local drugstore. For my lips, I decided on Kylie Cosmetics “Literally” Lip Gloss, which is the perfect nude.
Feel free to swap out similar shades in your makeup collection if you don’t own the Dose of Colors Hidden Treasure Palette. When the palette comes back in stock, I do highly recommend scooping it up though. The metallics in it are just one-of-a-kind special because of how rich in color they are. They also have gorgeous Eye-Duo’s for sale on their website in the meantime with the same type of metallic and shimmer finishes.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]