I thought it would be really fun to do a 5 Favorite Finds of the Week, and try to do one every Saturday from here on out. I find myself constantly on Instagram, posting various beauty and fashion finds that I love, and I thought it would be fun to feature five random things each week. This week I’ve got a mix of jewelry and beauty items that I absolutely love.
1. OPI Euro Centrale Collection. Last night, I used two polishes from the “Euro Centrale” Collection that look so beautiful together. I painted my nails using “Can’t Find My Czechbook,” which is a beautiful bright blue creme. Then, I applied “Polka.com” glitter on the lower half of my nails, spreading it up lightly toward the tips of my nail to create an ombre effect. The end result is a really bright, fun manicure that I got a lot of compliments on while out and about today.
2. Alterna Bamboo Plumping Strand Expand. I am always hesitant to plug a hair product because what works for one person may not work for another. This plumping cream however is AH-MAZING. I’ve been using it for a few months now and I am on my last couple of applications, which means I need a replacement from Sephora soon. It is the only hair volumizer that actually makes each and every strand thicker and voluminous without making it feel crunchy, hard, or weighing it down. A few pumps of this on wet hair turns my blow-dried locks into beautiful, big, natural looking hair. I’ve attached a photo of how this stuff makes my hair look after it’s curled. Keep in mind that I have fine hair!
3. Betsey Johnson Bullet Earrings. There is a new app called Poshmark, which allows you to browse virtual “closets” easily and purchase items. It’s kind of like eBay for fashion and beauty, except it is so much easier to use. It’s been terrible for my wallet because I’ve only had the app for a week and I have already purchased three items. It’s great to find specific items, as well, by utilizing the search button. Buyers will often work with you and negotiate prices. I paid around $5 for these earrings! I love Betsey Johnson’s jewelry. A lot of people don’t know this about me because I am a “girly-girl,” but I love to shoot guns at the gun range and take target practice on the weekends. The fact that these were little bullets with hearts on them stole my attention. They’re edgy, unique, and fun.
4. Physician’s Formula BB Cream. I have tried a ton of BB Creams in the past year. No two BB Creams seem to be alike in formula, texture, coverage, or wear. This one however rocks. The coverage is actually quite good on this, and will cover redness, blotchiness, and imperfections. It lasts all day when set with a translucent powder, and it looks natural and luminous on the skin. It’s getting to be that time of year where I hate wearing really heavy, full coverage foundation because the weather is getting warmer. This is really lightweight and perfect for daytime wear. It’s also perfect if you’re more of the natural-makeup lover and don’t want to wear foundation. Overall, it’s one of, if not my favorite, BB Creams I’ve used. My shade is Light/Medium.
5. Wrap-around Fox Ring. I love foxes. Now before you think I’m totally weird (even though I am), I really love animals in general. For some reason I’ve always loved foxes and thought they were adorable. I found this ring on my Poshmark app, and scored it for $6. It’s a wrap-around ring that has an adorable fox face, and the tail wraps around the finger. It’s a unique ring that starts a lot of conversations! I love how cute this is, and I love unique, eclectic jewelry.
What are your favorite finds for the week?
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]