Happy Saturday everyone! It was an absolutely perfect day here weather wise, and I spent most of my day outside, at the zoo here in town, as well as gardening and landscaping. To say that I have spring fever is an understatement, and today felt like the first “official” day of spring because of the festivities. I’ve got another round of 5 Favorite Finds of the Week here, and I’ve got some really amazing items on the list. Take a look inside,
1. Nike Eclipse II Sneakers. Where do I even begin to state my love for these sneakers? I saw these on Pinterest, which led me to a style blogger who was wearing them, which prompted me to purchase them immediately. They are black, animal print, and hot pink, and definitely statement sneakers. We have seen statement sneakers become a really big trend in the last couple of years, with everything from designs to neon colors. I like these because when I wear them they are the part of my style that is screaming personality. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on these when I am out and about, and I love pairing them with yoga capri pants, and skinny jeans. They are also really comfortable, and a great choice for when I want to look chic but need to wear shoes I can walk around a lot in.
2. Fitbit. I actually purchased this about six months before they released a brand new lighter, sleeker model, called the Fitbit One Wireless Tracker. It’s okay though, because it’s still the same product and gets the job done just as well. This is a small device (about the size and length of your pinkie finger) that you clip onto yourself in order to track your daily fitness goals. It’s essentially a pedometer as it counts how many steps you take, but it also counts how many flights of stairs you’ve climbed, how many miles you’ve gone, how many calories you’ve burned, and how active you’ve been recently. You can clip it to your jeans or pants, or as a woman, you can clip it to your bra so it doesn’t show. I love, love, love this device and I find it to be incredible for staying on target with my fitness goals. The goal is to hit 10,000 steps each day, and before I got my Fitbit, I used to think that was such an easy, attainable goal. 10,000 steps is actually a lot of steps in a day, and in order to reach that goal you must be quite active throughout the day. Since my job essentially requires me to sit in front of my computer a lot, it can be challenging, but it is also the same reason why I want to compete against myself to reach my daily goal. In order to get more steps in I will park farther away from a store entrance, take the stairs, do jumping jacks, or work out. There is an online community you can sign up for automatically when you purchase one that wirelessly transmits your daily information to your account. In other words, when I go upstairs in my house, it is close enough to sync to my computer and automatically inputs my information for the day so far. Also, it has a sleep monitor on it that will show you how long it took you to fall asleep, how many times you woke up during the night, and how many hours of sleep you’ve gotten. Overall, it’s a fantastic fitness device that has enabled me to physically compete against myself on a regular basis and challenge myself.
3. Pop! Game of Thrones Vinyl Figure, Daenerys Targaryen. This is a really geeky favorite of mine, but I am huge fan of Game of Thrones, and I especially love Daenerys, also known as “Khaleesi,” the mother of dragons. I adore everything about her from her hair to her style to the fact that she is a total badass on the show. I was in Best Buy with my husband when I stumbled upon a bunch of Game of Thrones gear, and as soon as I saw this Daenerys collectible, I knew it had to be mine. I am still debating as to whether or not I want to take it out of the packaging or be a really hardcore nerd and keep it pristine. The figure has Khaleesi’s signature garbs from season 1 on, as well as a dragon on one of her arms. There are other figurines from the Game of Thrones Collection available and I want to add to my collection!
4. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief Candle. This candle has eucalyptus and spearmint in it, and I was essentially thinking “No way will I like this” when it comes to a candle. This candle is actually total heaven after a really long, stressful day. The scent is extremely fresh and mind clearing, but it’s not overly strong or overpowering at all. In other words, it smells fresh and clean, but it doesn’t smell like pure mint when you burn it. Whenever I have a headache or have had a very long day, I burn this candle in my bedroom and it smells so wonderful to inhale the relaxing scent. I can’t even put into words how effective this candle is, except to just try it for yourself and see if you like it and it works for you. I was skeptical but I’ve almost burnt this candle down to the bottom now. Time for a new one!
5. Lavender “Love” Wrap Bracelet. I bought this lavender wrap bracelet on eBay for just under $10 shipped, and it is completely 100% my style. Not only is the lavender color so perfect for spring and summer, but it wraps around my wrist comfortably a few times, and looks so delicate and feminine. The “Love” is in lowercase script and is super shiny and sparkly. I’ve gotten a ton of people asking me where I purchased this from and so I want to send you to her shop! Be sure to check out Janelle Marie Designs/Boutique on Facebook, and check out her jewelry listings. She has really affordable prices and absolutely beautiful jewelry. I want to go back for a mint colored wrap bracelet from her shop next!
Hope you all are having an incredible weekend! What are your favorite finds of the week?
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]