It’s almost time for l-o-v-e day, and I absolutely adore doing makeup looks for this occasion. Everyone has a different preference in makeup, and everyone does something different on Valentine’s Day. This look is soft, romantic, and ethereal, with a focus on gorgeously magical pinks. I’ve got the full look inside, as well as all of the product I used. This look is super easy and anyone can achieve it, which also makes it great for those who may be makeup beginners or looking for something on the simple side.
[Some products may be press samples.]
THE EYE MAKEUP:
- Too Faced “A Few of My Favorite Things” was used on my eyes. This was a limited edition holiday palette, but any soft pink blush and shimmering beige eyeshadow shade you have will work. I actually used blush as the pink in the crease of my eye here, and then I also used the same pink on my cheeks. I applied a shimmery champagne beige shade over my entire eyelid, focusing it into the inner corners of the eyes, as well. I used the soft pink blush in the crease of the eye, and along the lower lash-line softly. Use a fluffy blending brush so there are no harsh lines and it looks like a soft gradient.
- Benefit Cosmetics Eye Bright Eye Bright 0.05 oz was used along my lower water-line. This opens up the eye and makes your eyes look really big and awake. You can use any flesh/nude toned eyeliner you have, although I absolutely love this particular one.
- Inglot Matte Eyeliner Gel in #77 was used along my upper lash-line. I created a cat-eye flick at the end to emphasize an almond-shaped eye.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara was used on my lashes, top and bottom.
- Eylure Naturalites Lengthening Lashes were used to add length and curl to my real lashes. This adds that flirty, romantic look to the soft shades on the eyelid.
THE FACE MAKEUP:
- Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 in “Natural Beige” was used over my entire face. This gives the face a really nice finish that the camera will be kind to if you’re taking pictures. I love this foundation!
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer Stick SPF 20 in “Light” was used underneath my eyes, around my nose and chin, as well as on any blemishes. This is a great medium coverage concealer that also blends well and looks great on camera.
- Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer Park Avenue Princess 0.32 oz in “Hotel Heiress.” I also love “Park Avenue Princess” for lighter skin tones. I used this to warm up my face around the temples, as well as contour my cheekbones and my nose.
- Too Faced “A Few of My Favorite Things” Palette which I also used for my eyes was used as my blush. If you use the same pink in the crease of your eyes and on your cheeks, you will get a really soft, matching look.
- MAC “Perfect Topping” Mineralize Skinfinish was used all on my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, and on my brow-bones. This is a lovely highlight color.
- MAC “Pink Friday” and “Peachstock” Lipstick were mixed together to create a soft pink lip. I added clear gloss to the center of the lips, as well, to make my lips look fuller.
THE FINISHED LOOK:
The overall look is great for a romantic date, a night out with your girlfriends, or even for the office (just leave the lashes off if you work in a conservative environment). Your skin will have a candlelit, glowing finish to it, and your eyes and lips will shine with pink!
I’ll have a couple more Valentine’s Day makeup looks coming! If you have any requests or suggestions for Valentine’s Day looks, feel free to leave them below or e-mail me, Rebecca@beautygala.com.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]