For my second Valentine’s Day look, I decided to deviate away from the usual pinks and reds. Pink and red are beautiful, but they’re also cliche for the holiday, so if you’re a little more playful and edgy, you might like this violet look. Violet has been so trendy for the past year when it comes to makeup. We’ve seen an explosion of violet lipsticks, and Pantone named “Radiant Orchid” their 2014 Color of the Year. I’ve got the full look inside, as well as a detailed product list of everything I used.
[Some products may be press samples.]
THE EYE MAKEUP:
- Too Faced “A Few of My Favorite Things” Palette (limited edition) was used for the matte orchid purple in my crease and the sparkling champagne shade on my eyelid. Use a fluffy blending brush, and build a matte violet shade into the socket of your eye. You can also brush it along the lower lash-line. Pat a sparkling champagne shade over your entire eyelid.
- MAC “Phlox Garden” Fluidline. This is a fluidline from their recent “Fantasy of Flowers” spring collection and I absolutely love it. It’s really bright and colorful, and it adds a gorgeous pop of color to the eyes. If you’ve got hazel, brown, or green eyes, this is going to look stunning on you.
- Stila Kajal Eye Liner Topaz 0.04 oz This eyeliner is great for the lower water-line, as it’s flesh-toned. It opens up the eyes and makes them look wide and awake.
- Eylure Naturalites Lengthening Lashes add length and volume to your lashes. I love these lashes and I get them at Ulta.
THE FACE MAKEUP:
- Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 in “Natural Beige” was used over my entire face. This gives the face a really nice finish that the camera will be kind to if you’re taking pictures. I love this foundation!
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer Stick SPF 20 in “Light” was used underneath my eyes, around my nose and chin, as well as on any blemishes. This is a great medium coverage concealer that also blends well and looks great on camera.
- Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer Park Avenue Princess 0.32 oz in “Hotel Heiress.” I also love “Park Avenue Princess” for lighter skin tones. I used this to warm up my face around the temples, as well as contour my cheekbones and my nose.
- LORAC Blush in “Flaunt” was used on the apples of my cheeks.
- MAC “Perfect Topping” Mineralize Skinfinish was used all on my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, and on my brow-bones. This is a lovely highlight color.
- MAC Lipstick in “Snapdragon.” This is a lipstick from their Fantasy of Flowers spring collection. It’s a light lavender-based pink shade. Absolutely stunning color!
THE FINISHED LOOK:
The finished look is all about glowing skin, violet pops of eyeshadow and eyeliner on the eyes, and a soft lavender-based pink lipstick on the lips. If you want something a little different than your typical pinks and reds, purple is a great shade to turn to. It looks great on a variety of skin tones and really makes hazel, green, and brown eyes pop!
I’ll have more Valentine’s Day makeup looks coming. I’d like to squeeze in two more looks (tomorrow and on Valentine’s Day itself), so if you have any requests or suggestions for looks, feel free to comment below or e-mail me at Rebecca@beautygala.com. We’re currently getting a nasty ice storm here in the south from Winter Storm Pax, and so I’m hibernating inside until it melts sometime late tomorrow or Friday!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]