In the past year, my skin has gone through a huge, disappointing change: I am now getting adult acne. For many years now, my skin has been clear with only the occasional breakout. This past year, I noticed that I started getting larger, deeper cluster breakouts along my jawline and chin area. At first I thought it was a fluke, but I soon realized that I am dealing with hormonal adult acne breakouts along the lower half of my face. When given the opportunity to complete a skincare consultation with Paula’s Choice, I jumped at the chance.
Not many skincare companies are willing to take the time to do a free skincare consultation with you. I had never personally had one before and it was an easy but informative process. The woman helping over the phone asked me what my main skincare concerns were. I told her that I had developed adult acne, but also had combination skin and needed hydration for the rest of my face. I also explained to her that I had anti-aging in the back of my mind and she immediately knew what products would be perfect for me. Paula’s Choice offers a FREE skincare consultation to absolutely everyone, simply by calling them at 1-800-831-4088. It was wonderful to receive customized, individual personal care and attention instead of just being thrown skincare products to try.
OUR PLAN OF ATTACK:
I was given the Paula’s Choice CLEAR Acne Kit and instructed to use the cleanser daily and the other 2 products 2-3 times per week to start, and then increase to 4-5 times per week if my skin was tolerating it well. My routine goes like this:
- Cleanse with CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser. This cleanser doesn’t dry out my skin but removes all dirt and oil well. I use this daily.
- Using a cotton pad, apply the CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution. This acts as your toner and it helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and unclog your pores. My skin feels super refreshed every time I use this.
- Spot treat your blemishes and breakouts with the CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment. This is a wonderful spot treatment that dries my breakouts up quickly. A little goes a long way and you only need a thin layer of product. I apply this specifically around my jawline and chin area where my blemishes are.
Since my second area of concern for my skin is anti-aging and moisture, I was given the 3 products above to use in tandem with my acne kit. Here is how I weave these in daily:
- Apply Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex every morning. This is my daily moisturizer and it has SPF30 in it, which I love it. My skin drinks this product in and my makeup looks SO nice over top of it. It’s 100% fragrance free as well, so it’s non-irritating to my skin.
- Apply Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner on alternate nights. On the nights I don’t use the CLEAR Exfoliating Solution, I use this toner to combat aging, redness, and spots on my face. This is very soothing to the skin and I even use this in tandem with the CLEAR Exfoliating Solution some nights.
- Apply Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer every night. This moisturizer has retinol in it for reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It’s thicker than my morning moisturizer which I love. I always want my night creams to be thicker and really soak into my skin. When I wake up in the morning, my skin glows from this product!
You can see my main area of concern in the photograph above. My skin is generally clear except along my jawline and chin area. I also have spots leftover from previous breakouts, which I am hoping will fade throughout continuous use of these products. In the few weeks that I have been using Paula’s Choice, my breakouts have become fewer and my skin feels like it is finally healing in my trouble spots. The rest of my face looks positively glowing and healthy from the moisturizers and toner.
It’s truly the first time in my adult life that I’ve been able to strike a perfect balance in skincare. I’ve previously always overdone with the acne products, further irritating my skin, or simply concentrating on anti-aging products. This gives me the freedom to treat both of my skin concerns at once without any irritation whatsoever.
I love the price point of these products as well. I’ve spent far too much money on expensive products in the past that are now collecting dust in my bathroom.
- Paula’s Choice offers a 100% Money Back Guarantee (within 60 days), no animal testing and no irritating dyes or fragrances.
- Everyone and anyone can get a FREE skincare consultation by calling 1-800-831-4088.
- Their product line includes something for everyone. Their products can treat acne, rosacea, aging, pores and more. Don’t feel discouraged if you have a skincare concern you thought previously couldn’t be addressed because they are amazing!
*Don’t forget to download the PRIMP app here: http://www.prettyinmypocket.com/download
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]