I confess that when I first saw the Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadows, I assumed they would be a hot mess. There have been a lot of liquid glitter eye products released and almost all of them have fallen short of my expectations. When I went to my local Sephora to swatch these, I was blown away by the formula. Rich pigmentation, tons of sparkle, and a long lasting budge-free finish make these astoundingly attractive. I have Smoldering Satin for you today which I paired with a peach eye look. Full tutorial and swatches inside,
Smoldering Satin is a medium tan-bronze shade with loads of silver glitter mixed in. The product itself comes with an applicator that is similar to a lip gloss, and you simply pat it onto your eye. You can use your fingers or a brush to apply it evenly. It’s not too thick or too thin and the pigmentation is insane. One sweep of the brush is more than enough for opaque color. The formula seems to dry down within 60 seconds where it stays completely budge-proof.
- Apply Shade 1 (Candied Peach) into the crease of your eye and blend it upward generously toward your brows. I used a fluffy blending brush for this and kept picking up more color as necessary. I also applied this shade along my lower lash-line and blended it well.
- Go in with Shade 2 (Summer Yum) and apply this shade just in the crease of your eye only to darken it up. I placed this shade on the outer corners of my lower lashes as well.
- Apply Shade 3 (Cobbler) over your entire eyelid, stopping at the crease. This is going to be the base for our Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow.
- Apply Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow over your entire eyelid, stopping just above the crease and allowing it to set. I used a small eyeshadow brush to spread the liquid over my eyelid evenly.
- Use Shade 4 (Bellini) in the inner corners of your eyes for a pop of highlight.
- Finish the look off with Shade 5 (White Peach) on your brow-bones.
I used my favorite flesh-toned liner on my lower water-line, MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20. I curled my lashes, applied mascara, and added some falsies for extra drama. I left black eyeliner out of the look because I really wanted the glitter to stand out the most.
This is a makeup look that will work on every skin tone and every eye color. The peach shades look soft and feminine and the Smoldering Satin glitter just sparkles and shines at every angle.
The Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadows are available in 8 shades total. You can purchase these at Ulta and Sephora stores nationwide, as well as online here. Each eyeshadow retails for $24.00USD.
Both of these products are extraordinary and I’ve been using them regularly. Now to choose which Stila Glitter Eye Shadow I purchase next, because I want to own them all!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]