Every so often I’ll be rummaging through bags or boxes in my home office and find a product that I bought and never actually used. The Too Faced VegasNay Stardust Palette falls into this category, since I just found it a few days ago in my stash and forgot that I had purchased it! Purple is my all time favorite color and I love seeing purple eye makeup looks on others. I decided to put together a fun purple eye makeup look that is colorful, yet soft enough to realistically wear for anyone.
GET THE LOOK:
- Use Shade 1 in the crease of your eyes and blend this upward generously. I layered this shade on several times so it had a nice matte bronze look to it. This shade will peek out against the purple, so you want to slowly layer it and blend well.
- Use Shade 2 in the socket of the eye ONLY to darken this area up slightly. Keep using windshield-wiper motions to blend everything well.
- Apply Shade 3 over your entire eyelid, stopping at the crease. Also apply this along the lower lash-line, stopping before the inner corners of the eyes. Pat this shade on for more intensity.
- With a small brush, apply Shade 4 to the center of your eyelid only for a pop of sparkle on the purple shade. Also apply this to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Finish with Shade 5 along your brow-bone to blend down Step 1.
Since I wanted to keep this look soft, I opted for flesh-colored liner in my water-line to open up and widen the eyes. I curled my lashes and applied mascara. This keeps the look soft, despite the bright pop of purple color on the eyelids.
Purple and peachy-bronze shades go together like peanut butter and jelly. They contrast, yet make each other look more vibrant. You can dress this up by adding black eyeliner if you want, but I adore the way it looks with a really soft wash of mascara and little else.
I wanted the rest of the face makeup to be super glowing and ethereal since the eyes have that soft intensity to them. Here is what I used for the rest of my face:
- Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation in Medium
- Tarte Bamboo Foundation Brush
- NARS Orgasm Blush
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
- BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in “Opal”
- L.A. Splash Matte Lipstick in “Nala”
- Buxom Lip Gloss in “White Russian”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pencil in “Soft Brown”
- Pixi by Petra Glow Mist Spray
I really feel like I’ve found my holy grail foundation and application method with the Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation in Medium and the Tarte Bamboo Foundation Brush, because I need very little product and come out with airbrushed looking skin.
Don’t be afraid to use shades that are similar in your own makeup collection! I do believe the Too Faced Stardust Palette was limited edition and may be difficult to find anymore, but you can check Ulta Beauty stores still.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]