Happy Friday beauties! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t thrilled that it is the end of the week. It’s been what seems like a long, very tiring, busy week and I am all about that TGIF life! We’ve been having unusually frigid weather here in South Carolina and while it’s not as bad as some other states that are further north, my blood has thinned out big time since moving south 7 years ago. Since I’ve been spending most of my time indoors, I thought I would share with you My Five Favorite Things right now. All of them are various beauty items, so stay warm in the heat with me and read on!
1. L’oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer. I never thought I would fall in love so hard with a drugstore face primer but this one has me swooning. It adds a gorgeous illumination to your skin and preps your face for your foundation. Even if you’ve got oily skin like I do, this primer works well at adding luminosity without looking greasy. Let’s face it, we can all use a little extra glow this time of year!
2. Redken Pillow Proof Dry Shampoo Two Day Extender. After trying every dry shampoo under the sun, I finally found one I have fallen in love with. This one doesn’t have a strong or unpleasant scent to it and it doesn’t leave residue in my hair. It gives my hair volume while subtracting oil from my roots so I can go an extra day without shampooing my hair.
3. Wet n Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Color in “The Stand Out.” Lavender brings visions of spring to mind and this lip color maintains sophistication with a matte finish that isn’t too pastel or too bright. It’s just right for all skin tones. I’ve been wearing this shade daily and for less than the cost of a latte, I’ll keep this one in my favorites.
4. Dermalogica Precleanse. For me, there was life BP (that’s Before Precleanse) and AP (After Precleanse). It sounds dramatic, but my skincare routine will never be the same without this product in my arsenal. It’s a deep cleansing oil that you apply to your dry face and it will melt every last drop of makeup, dirt, and pore-clogging residue off your skin. I can never go back to just cleansing again.
5. Elizabeth and James NIRVANA Black. Perfume is very personal. People are known by their signature scent and many of us pride ourselves on a very specific perfume or cologne. As a picky perfume buyer, I found a scent I have fallen in love with. Ashley Olsen & Mary-Kate Olsen designed this perfume and also sell a “White” version. NIRVANA Black is everything I look for in a scent: sensual, sexy, warm, sophisticated, slightly masculine, musky, and light. Hints of violet, sandalwood, and vanilla linger on me all day long. And that packaging? Infinitely chic.
What are your current favorites? Share them below!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]