Emma Stone’s 2015 Oscars Makeup was everything I wanted to see on the red carpet. It was elegant, classy, and sophisticated, but there was still color involved. This is a look that absolutely every single skin tone can pull off and it’s actually wearable for both the office and a night out. Emma Stone’s milky white complexion looked absolutely divine against her eye makeup and lipstick. I’ve actually got the full breakdown of the look, as well as a recreation of it. I’ve got the exact lipstick that her makeup artist used on her, as well. Details inside!
THE MUSE: Emma Stone at the 2015 Oscars. Her eyeshadow was kept shimmery, neutral, and very simple with black eyeliner along the upper lash-line and brown eyeliner used lightly in the water-line. Very natural looking false lashes were applied for length. Her skin was kept clean with nothing but a sweep of coral-toned blush and some highlighter on the cheekbones. Her lips, the main focal point, were filled in with a gorgeously bright, yet wearable poppy-coral shade from Revlon.
HOW TO ACHIEVE THE EYE MAKEUP:
- Apply a shimmery bronzed-brown shade into the crease of your eye and blend it only slightly upward. I used Makeup Geek’s “Glamorous” Eyeshadow for this. Emma just barely has color in her crease, so keep it light and blend it well.
- Apply a shimmery champagne shade. I used Makeup Geek’s “Shimma Shimma” Eyeshadow over the entire eyelid, inner corners of the eye, and along the lower lash-line.
- Apply black eyeliner to your entire upper lash-line, keeping it very thin on the inner corners and extending it to be slightly thicker as you get toward the outer corner of the eye.
- Use a brown eyeliner on your water-line lightly for some slight definition along your lower eye. This will just help make your eyes pop more.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Since this was a major awards show, false lashes were applied on Emma’s eyes and I also applied them to mine. Use ones that are long, but not thick. You want them to look natural and keep the eye looking open.
HOW TO GET THE LIPS:
- Apply Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in “Tulip” to your lips. This is the actual product that Emma Stone’s makeup artist used on her for the red carpet. It’s a gorgeously bright poppy-coral shade, but it also has a toned-down look to it. It will work on every single skin tone and look slightly different on everyone. On Emma, it looks slightly darker because her complexion is so light.
HOW TO GET THE FACE MAKEUP:
- Apply a satin finish foundation that covers imperfections and evens out your skin tone without looking too heavy.
- Skip the bronzer and contouring. Emma kept her complexion really clean by only applying blush and highlighter.
- Use a coral toned blush on the apples of your cheeks and apply it slightly heavier than you normally would for a flushed effect.
- Apply your favorite highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones.
THE COMPLETED LOOK:
You can find the exact lipstick Emma Stone wore at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide. It retails for under $10.00USD! Click here to purchase Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in “Tulip.”
Feel free to leave any questions about the look below. I plan to do more 2015 Oscar makeup tutorials, so stay tuned this week for some recreations of my favorite looks!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]