I have a gorgeous palette for you today that is both affordable and high quality. You get a great array of shades inside of the palette and they’re all highly pigmented. The palette is the Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Eyeshadow Palette in “Mermaids Forever.” You’ve got a rainbow assortment of shades, with a slightly more pastel touch of color to all of them. There’s also a variety of neutral and nude shades, which I used for this makeup look today. I love mixing neutrals with pops of color, too, so be sure to stay tuned for more looks using this palette. Did I mention this entire palette retails for only $15.00USD? Full tutorial inside…
THE LOOK: Shimmering, sparkly neutrals with a touch of gold on the eyelid and bronze in the crease. Eyeliner all around the eye makes the shimmer and neutrals pop even more.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK USING THE Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Eyeshadow Palette in Mermaids Forever:
- Apply Shade 1 into the crease of your eye and blend upward. I like to extend this about halfway to my brow-bone so the color peeks out when I go into my socket area directly.
- Apply Shade 2 to the socket of your eye only, where your eye creases when it is open. This is to darken that area up and create depth. Also apply this shade along your lower lash-line, smoking and blending it out with a fluffy blending brush.
- Apply Shade 3 to the lower lash-line to blend everything out well and apply it to the outer third of your eyelids.
- Apply Shade 4 to your entire eyelid with a wet makeup brush. Apply this generously in a patting motion and make sure to also apply it to the inner corners of your eyes.
- To soften the very first shade you used, apply Shade 5 to the brow-bone area. Go back as needed with your crease shades to make sure everything is well blended.
You could leave the makeup look as is here and just apply mascara. It’d be absolutely gorgeous with all of the shimmering neutrals. I decided to add cat-liner to my upper lash line and gel liner to my water-line for extra smokiness. I also added a pair of Ardell Demi Wispies to make my lashes sky high.
This is a universally flattering makeup look that would work on any skin tone. The eyeshadow shades were super smooth, soft, and rich in color. The Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Eyeshadow Palette in Mermaids Forever is quite impressive for being so inexpensive.
To finish the look, I applied foundation, contoured my cheekbones, highlighted my cheekbones, and added a pop of pink blush. I used Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in “Doll Parts” on my lips.
Overall, I love palettes like this because they are accessible to those who don’t have a huge budget for makeup and still perform perfectly. This is a great makeup palette for a teenager or beginner, but it’s also a great gift for the holiday season. Each shade is really rich in color and there’s a huge variety of colors to choose from. For the price, you just can’t beat it.
The Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Eyeshadow Palette in Mermaids Forever palette is available at Ulta stores nationwide as well as for purchase online here. Each palette retails for $15.00USD.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]