If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I’ve taken a massive liking to the Makeup Geek Eyeshadows. They are so pigmented, soft, and full of color, and best of all, they retail for $5.99 each. I’ve been slowly adding to my collection…nope, scratch that, quickly adding to my collection and now I own twenty-one of the shades they offer. I keep them all in a large Z-Palette and they are my go-to shades on a daily basis. I used several of my Makeup Geek Eyeshadows for this look, but I also used a gorgeous Inglot Pigment to create that burgundy-bronze duo-chrome effect on the eyelid. I’ve got a full tutorial and details inside,
Above is my Z-Palette filled with MUG shadows. I added 5 more to my collection this week, so this is what it looked like last week. I labeled the eyeshadow shades I used. Here’s how to get the look:
- Apply Shade #1, “Peach Smoothie” into the socket of your eyelid and blend it generously upward to your brow-bone. This is simply a transitional shade and it shows up lightly on the skin so it’s perfect for blending out harsh lines and edges.
- Apply Shade #2, “Cocoa Bear” into the crease of your eye ONLY. Keep this shade in the direct socket of the eye only and blend in circular motions. Also use this shade along the lower lash-line for dimension.
- Apply Shade #3, “Bitten” into the outer one-third of your eye. This is to create a smokey effect and darken up those outer edges. Apply this to the outer-third of your lower lash-line as well.
- Apply Shade #4, “Cosmopolitan” over the entire lid and inner corners of your eye. This is a gorgeous shade for the lid!
To really amp the look up, I applied Inglot Pigment #86 over the center of the eyelid with a wet brush. I patted the color on lightly. This is an absolutely STUNNING pigment that I picked up while I was in Chicago. It has pink and burgundy tones that flash bronze in the light. It’s gorgeous in the packaging and looks even better when you apply it.
I topped off my upper and lower lash-line with black liner and added some false lashes.
This look will go with any eye color. It will really make blue and green eyes pop, but because of the duo-chrome flashes of color, it will suit brown and hazel eyes beautifully.
What’s fun about this look is that it comes off slightly different depending on your lighting.
For my lips, I used MAC’s “Brave” Lipstick which is a gorgeous “Kylie Jenner” lip shade. Everyone is all crazy over her slightly darkened brown-mauve lip color, and this is a great option to recreate it.
For my face, I used:
- NYX Angel Veil Primer
- Urban Decay Naked Foundation in 5.0
- Anastasia Contour Kit
- MAC Prism Blush
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- MAC Fix+ Spray
If you have any questions or comments about the look or the products used, feel free to leave them below! Most of this post contains links to where you can purchase the products I used, so if you’d like to purchase them yourself, you can.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]