The Orly Spring 2010 Sweet Collection is a stunning rainbow of soft, feminine colors for spring and summer. Get your fingers and toes ready, because you are going to want to wear these gorgeous colors as the temperatures rise and the sun shines more often. To see swatches of this collection,
- Cotton Candy is a gorgeous, light, coral pink creme. This shade is particularly gorgeous for pale skinned beauties who want to liven up their skin and fake a glow, and dark skinned beauties, because this shade will pop against your skin.
- Gumdrop is a bright but light sky blue, with some teal in it. This is my second favorite of the collection, as I don’t quite have any dupes quite like this one in my nail polish collection.
- Lemonade is…you guessed it, yellow! I don’t think the color name was too clever or unique on this polish, and you know how yellow polishes usually give me a lot of trouble. This one wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t terrible either…sort of middle-of-the-road. The shade is worth the trouble, in my opinion, because it falls somewhere in between a light yellow, and a bright sunshine yellow. Gorgeous!
- Lollipop is a pastel purple lavender. What else can I say about this color except that I love, love, LOVE it? I’ve made it very obvious I am purple obsessed by now, however, this shade is vibrant, but soft. Perfect.
- Pixie Stix is a medium toned coral pink, and reminds me of the inside of a guava. This is a fantastic choice for you gals out there who love their pink nail polishes!
- Snowcone is my favorite of the collection, and is a real stunner. A cornflower blue creme, it glows from your nails, and boasts a unique shade that not many nail polish companies offer. This is close to Maybelline “Pie in the Sky,” which may be why I love it so much.
The formula on these polishes was a bit thicker than what I am used to, and could be gooey for you if you apply too much, too quickly. Start light, and layer with two or three coats. You can also use a single drop of nail polish thinner in the bottle to thin the polish out, which is what I did.
What shades from the Orly Sweet Collection are you loving?
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[Products were purchased with my own money. I am not affiliated with Orly .]
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]