I have to be honest, Cara Delevingne is one of my favorite supermodels because not only is she gorgeous, but she often has insanely gorgeous makeup on. She’s a huge wearer of the winged liner look, and out of most models, she often takes chances with her makeup. I like her edginess and the fact that she takes chances and switches it up. I found this look and immediately fell in love with her. She has eyebrows to die for, and the winged liner is part glam and part punk. The hot pink lipstick tops it all off and takes it to the next level. Inside, I’ve got the tutorial,
[This review features press sample(s) sent for consideration.]
Above is the face chart I filled in quickly on my computer for her look. The eyes have a matte brown in the crease to add definition and warmth. The eyelid is a matte white shade, and the brows are filled in boldly (although Cara’s eyebrows are naturally incredible). Her face is contoured with bronzer with a hint of pink blush just below the apples of the cheeks. Her lips are lined with a reddish-pink liner that is meant to show against the hot fuchsia pink lipstick.
THE MUSE: Cara Delevingne, international supermodel
HOW TO GET THIS LOOK:
- Apply a light-medium brown shade that is matte into the socket of your eye. You want this matte brown shade to go from the inner corners of your eyes to the outer corners of your eyes. Blend it upward so it is noticeable and adds depth and warmth to your eye area. Apply a matte white eyeshadow on your eyelid, as well.
- Apply a black gel liner to your upper lash-line and flick it out into a cat-eye, extending the flick all the way to the end of your eyebrow. This is a very dramatic, edgy eyeliner wing.
- Connecting the winged eyeliner on the top of the lash-line, draw the gel liner onto the outer half of your lower lash-line. Smudge it so that it looks blended and imperfect. Apply a black eyeliner to the water-line of this area too. Tight-line your upper lash-line well so there are no colors of flesh showing through along the upper lash-line.
- Using a white or flesh colored liner, line the water-line of your eyes on the inner half of the eye where you didn’t use the black liner. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Using an eyebrow product, fill in your eyebrows to make them look thick and bold.
- Contour your face with a matte bronzer. Apply this shade to the hollows of your cheeks, your hair line, forehead, chin, and down the sides of your nose. Apply a pink blush just below the apples of your cheeks only.
- Apply highlighter down the center of your nose, center of your forehead, and right at the cupid’s bow of your lips.
- Line your lips with a red-pink lip liner. Apply a hot pink lipstick that has a matte finish. Go back and reapply the lip liner so it is noticeable. Cara’s look has the lip liner quite noticeable so it creates a bit of a grungy, edgy feel. I also applied a dab of white matte eyeshadow onto the center of my lips to make that area look like a slightly lighter pink. The effect gives a bit of an ombre lip look.
- Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation
- Tarte Bronzer in “Hotel Heiress”
- Kat Von D Blush in Bellisima
- Kat Von D Liquid Lip Lacquer in “Backstage Bambi” (MAC’s Candy Yum-Yum is also an awesome hot pink matte lipstick for this look)
- Milani Lip Liner in “02 – True Red”
- LORAC Pro Palette
- Inglot AMC Matte Gel Eyeliner #77
- Urban Decay’s 24/7 Eyeliner in “Perversion”
- Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
- Hourglass Ambient Powder in “Luminous Light”
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Brow in #25
- Stila Kajal Eyeliner in “Topaz”
THE FINISHED LOOK:
The half-done eyeliner on the bottom really creates an edgy, feline-like statement to your eyes. Don’t worry about it being perfect…feel free to smudge it and give it a little bit of a “worn” look.
The lips are meant to be as bold as possible, so Kat Von D’s “Backstage Bambi” works perfectly. The matte finish is modern and sophisticated. MAC’s Candy Yum-Yum Lipstick would also work well for this look. Make sure you can see the outline of the lip liner still a bit!
The finished look is edgy, glamorous, and fun. It has a punk feel to it and reminds me of something that Gwen Stefani would wear. Cara Delevingne perfectly owns this look, and I knew from first sight that I had to recreate it and do a breakdown of the look on here. Feel free to swap out makeup products, brands, and colors you have in your own collection!
If you ever have some extra time on your hands, definitely check out Cara Delevingne’s makeup looks. You can Google image them or search for them on Pinterest, which is where I originally found them. If you’re not following me on Pinterest yet, go ahead and do it! I am a Pinaholic, and I have over 16,000 pins. I love checking the site for makeup and beauty inspiration!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article contains a sample product provided by the brand or PR company. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]