One of the questions I get asked the most when I am doing makeup is “How can I transition this from day to night?” Putting together a Get Ready With Me: Daytime to Nighttime was a no-brainer for me. I am going to show you an average daytime makeup and hair look, and how I quickly and seamlessly turn it into a great night look that will have you looking smoldering hot. I am using all Pacifica products from Target, which is a brand I’ve personally been purchasing from and loving for years. Their natural ingredients and beautiful quality products make them an easy favorite of mine. Follow me from day to night inside!
Pacifica Products Being Used: I am actually using only 3 Pacifica products, because you’ll see how these multi-task for both day and night. I’ve got some fantastic tips for you that are super quick and easy.
- Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation SPF17 in Natural/Medium
- Pacifica Mystical Eyeshadow Palette
- Pacifica Coconut Kiss Creamy Lip Butter in Shell
Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation SPF17 in Natural/Medium // This foundation is made with coconut water and infuses your face with hydration and the most lovely glow. It makes my skin look flawless during the day, but at night, it gives me that extra “candlelit-glow” to my skin.
Pacifica Coconut Kiss Creamy Lip Butter in Shell // This lip butter is ultra creamy and moisturizing while it imparts a gorgeous light pink flush to your lips. It’s very natural looking and the product keeps your lips moisturized during the day. I also love wearing this at night because most of the time you don’t want to be fussing with your lip products while you are out.
Pacifica Mystical Eyeshadow Palette // This eyeshadow palette is infused with coconut and the shades are buttery soft and blend like a dream. This is the ideal palette for transitioning you from day to night. You’ve got light and airy colors that will make your eyelids naturally glow during the day and then you’ve got darker shades that will quickly add definition to your eye makeup to give you that smoldering look.
DAYTIME MAKEUP AND HAIR:
- For Daytime, I am wearing the Pacifica Coconut Kiss Creamy Lip Butter in Shell to give my lips a light pink wash of color and impart gorgeous shine. It’s simple to apply and keeps your lips hydrated.
- For my skin, I am wearing Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation SPF17 in Natural/Medium. This product can be built up for extra coverage where you need it, but it continues to look very natural and looks exactly like your real skin but better. I also like to apply a very natural looking blush that matches the same shade my cheeks get after a good workout session. A tiny pop of color on the apples of the cheeks is perfect for daytime makeup.
- For my eyes, I am taking the golden champagne shade from the Pacifica Mystical Eyeshadow Palette and popping it over my entire eyelid for an even glow to my eyes. It’s fast, it’s simple, and it will help you look healthy and more awake. I simply curl my lashes and apply some mascara after this.
- For my Daytime Hair, I like to keep it casual but still add my personal flair to it. I love the way a ponytail looks, but sometimes it can feel too plain. One of my favorite hairstyles for day is the “Princess Leia” look. It’s a bit of an ode to her hairstyle in Star Wars in that you make a center part in your hair and tie up 2 small ponytails towards each side of your head. The look is playful, keeps your hair out of your face, and it also gears your hair up for our Nighttime Hair…
TRANSITION TO NIGHTTIME MAKEUP AND HAIR USING PACIFICA:
- For Nighttime, I am using the grey shade from the Pacifica Mystical Eyeshadow Palette. Using a fluffy blending brush, apply this into the crease of your eyes. This will darken up your eyes and add definition.
- Going back with an eyeshadow brush, pick up the dark blue shade from the same palette and apply it to your entire lower lash-line, smoking this out with the brush for an ultra sophisticated look.
- This palette multi-tasks when you dip a brush into the first color of the eyeshadow palette. It is the perfect highlight shade for your cheekbones, so I used a fan brush to apply it to my cheeks, nose, and forehead. A glow on the skin always looks ethereal at night.
- For Nighttime Hair, we quickly and easily transition by taking out our “Princess Leia” ponytails. Once you take them out, you’ll notice that they gave your hair a ton of volume, body, and maybe even a bit of a wave. If you wear this during the day while your hair is still slightly damp, it is even better for creating some waves and volume in your hair. I simply took out my ponytail buns, shook my hair a bit, and tousled my hair with my fingers for a perfectly easy nighttime look.
MY DAYTIME TO NIGHTTIME OUTFIT FROM TARGET:
When it comes to fashion, I am all about the laid-back but stylish vibe. I love bohemian accents in the clothing I wear. I picked this gorgeous maxi skirt up at Target and paired it with a basic white tee, also from Target. For a Daytime Outfit, I would pair this with jeweled, flat sandals and minimal jewelry. For a Nighttime Outfit, I would add my favorite jewelry, like some stackable rings, midi-rings and a long pendant necklace. You can also easily swap out the shoes and dress this look up by wearing some gorgeous strappy heels or wedges.
Transitioning from Daytime to Nighttime doesn’t have to be a huge project or a fuss when you choose the perfect products. Adding in simple, fast changes like a smokey eyeshadow color, letting your hair down from being up, and switching shoes can completely change your look.
Find your style @targetstyle
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]