Yesterday I swatched the ColourPop “Not A Box Of Chocolates” Set from their Holiday 2014 collection. I decided to put together a fun little look using some of the shades in the set so you can see just how gorgeous the eyeshadow shades work on the actual eyelid. This is a mix of cranberry, deep purple, and a glittery icy purple. This is a great look for holiday parties or events and you can wear this to celebrate New Year’s Eve coming up as well. Full tutorial inside,
From the Not A Box Of Chocolates Set I used four shades: Halo (top left), Tinsel (top middle), Drift (bottom middle), and Doe-A-Deer (bottom right). Here’s how to get the exact look:
- Apply Drift, the cranberry shade, into the crease and socket of your eye, blending upward toward the brow-bone. This is our transition shade and will peek out from our crease shade resulting in more depth.
- Apply Doe-A-Deer, the dark matte violet, into the crease of the eye only. Focus fire this shade into the crease of your eye and blend, blend, blend. Apply this shade along your lower lash-line as well.
- Go back with Drift and blend out your lower lash-line with this shade. The result is a burgundy-violet gradient that is well blended and gorgeous.
- Apply Tinsel over your entire eyelid in a patting motion. Generously apply this to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Apply Halo onto your brow-bone to blend everything out and add a touch of shine.
- Apply your favorite black eyeliner onto your lower waterline and tight line your upper lashes, as well. I used Urban Decay’s 24/7 Liner in Perversion.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Apply false eyelashes if you wish to. I used House of Lashes “Bambie” for a doe-eyed look.
The shade “Tinsel” over the eyelid is absolutely stunning. It’s so glittery and sparkly in real life, as well as in pictures, and the darker cranberry and violet really help make it pop.
FOR THE FACE AND LIPS: I chose to go with luminous skin and chiseled cheekbones. I highlighted the cheekbones and nose and finished the look off with a nude lipstick. Products used:
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation
- NARS Paloma Contour Blush
- Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette
- BECCA Cosmetics “Opal” Highlighter
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in “Caramel”
- L’oreal Lipstick in “J.Lo’s Nude”
THE COMPLETE LOOK:
You can see my swatches of ColourPop’s “Not A Box Of Chocolates” here and purchase it online here. I highly recommend their shadows and they are only $5.00 USD each, making them a major beauty bargain.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]