Color Club’s spring 2010 collection is called “Poptastic,” which consists of nine, bright nail colors. The collection mostly contains neon’s, which really stand out and pop on your nails. I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my nails since wearing this collection out. The Poptastic collection shades are very unique and very bold, and will lift your spirits up this spring and summer. To see the collection and swatches,
- Warhol is an intensely bright, neon pink. The tones of this shade are more pink than fuchsia when compared with the other two neon pinks in this collection.
- Screamin’ Fuchsia Jackie OH! is a highly pigmented, neon fuchsia. It has very similar tones to Warhol, but is slightly darker, and in the fuchsia family. Avid nail polish lovers will appreciate the cute names of this collection!
- Pink Lust Poptastic is a really gorgeous neon baby pink. While “neon baby pink,” sounds like an paradox, this shade is more on the light pink side, only with that really intense punch of color that a neon delivers.
- Electric Sunset WHAM! POW! is a neon tangerine orange. It positively reminds me of a breathtaking, electric sunset in an exotic location that you only see once in a lifetime.
- Almost Famous is a neon yellow, lemon shade. This was probably the second most difficult shade to apply, as I notice most neon yellow shades tend to be a bit on the runny side, and need more coats to look opaque. Nevertheless, this shade is gorgeous, and would make a great pedicure for the spring or summer.
- Twiggie is a bright, almost pastel, minty green shade. I honestly don’t have anything like this color in my collection, and this is one of my favorites from the collection.
- 220 Volts Chelsea Girl is a breathtaking medium blue neon. This shade, like all of the others in the collection, looks almost 3D on your nails. This is another color in my collection that is extremely unique. The closest shade I have to this is Sally Hansen HD Nail Color in “Blu,” and this is still different.
- Pucci-licious is my absolute favorite shade of the collection (I’m a purple lover), and one of my top ten shades of all-time. It is an intense almost periwinkle like purple shade. It has blue tones in it, but definitely leans more on the purple side. I have nothing in my collection that compares to this color, and I received so many inquiries on this color when I wore it!
- Power Play Mrs.Robinson is a neon purple shade that has some fuchsia undertones to it. This color packs a huge punch, and was very “loud” on my nails.
As with all neon’s, you must wear a shiny topcoat with these colors, or else they will dry matte (flat). The formula on this collection was very pleasing, and I had very little complaints on the application. Chelsea Girl was slightly watery and thin, and Almost Famous was a difficult neon yellow shade to apply in general. However, I haven’t quite found that perfect neon yellow shade that applies like a dream yet.
You can buy the collection at Victoria’s Nail Supply for $2.25 a bottle. Victoria’s Nail Supply is a fabulous company to buy your favorite nail polish brands from, for much less money. The shipping is extremely fast from this company, and the customer service is top notch.
What do you think of the Color Club Poptastic collection? What colors are your favorite?
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[Products were purchased with my own money .]