As soon as I found the Wet n Wild Autumn Lush Collection at my drugstore I scooped the 2 eyeshadow palettes up as quickly as possible. They really have fantastic pigmentation and wear for being so inexpensive. One of the palettes, Plaid To The Bone, is filled with a navy blue, a gorgeous shimmering emerald green, and a shimmering champagne shade. When I think of autumn, I think of jewel tones, so this was really fun to put together. I have the full tutorial and plenty of photographs for you inside,
Plaid To The Bone caught my eye immediately because I have been in a bit of a makeup rut lately. I tend to wear a lot of neutral shades and I’ve been wanting to add more creativity back into my looks. These shades are perfect for all skin tones and eye colors. I think this palette in particular will look especially extraordinary on brown and hazel eyes, but it definitely makes my blue-green eyes pop as well.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply a black cream base to your eyelid and just up to your crease. I used MAC’s “Blackground” Paint Pot, but you can also use one of the Maybelline Color Tattoo pots found at drugstores. The black base doesn’t need to be perfect because we are going to blend it out. This black base is going to make that emerald eyelid shade pop like crazy!
- Using the navy shade in the palette and a fluffy blending brush, blend out the edges of the cream base in your crease and blend the navy blue upward slightly in a circular motion. I also applied a bit to the outer corners of my eyes for some depth.
- Using a wet eyeshadow brush, apply the emerald green shimmer over your entire eyelid, packing the color on in a patting motion. Go back with the navy shade and your fluffy blending brush if you feel you need to blend the crease area more.
- Apply the champagne beige shimmer in the palette to the inner corners of the eyes.
- Using the navy shade, lightly apply it to the outer corners of your lower lash-line, staying close to the lashes and stopping about halfway. This adds to the cat-eye effect without looking too harsh.
- Apply black eyeliner to your lower water-line and curl your lashes. Add mascara and you’re done!
I also added some falsies to this look to amp it up. If I was going out for a night on the town or date night, I would wear the false eyelashes with it too. This is a sultry, deep look that is perfect for nighttime wear.
It’s a fun take on the typical smoky eye. It kind of has mermaid-esque vibes to it with the emerald and navy colors. I kept the rest of my makeup demure, using a matte blush and no highlighter. I lightly contoured my cheekbones and applied a peachy-nude lipstick (Colourpop’s “Parker”) to my lips.
The Wet n Wild Autumn Lush Collection is limited edition and available at drugstores nationwide. It has been selling out at drugstores quickly, so if you see the display, I’d definitely grab your items. Each eyeshadow palette retails for just under $5.00USD each, so these are a major bargain. I have one more palette to show you from the collection still!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]