Lea Michele’s makeup at the 2010 Emmy Awards was stunning, and many beauty lovers had their eyes on her makeup look. Her makeup artist used a denim blue eyeshadow, and winged the color out slightly to form a subtle cat eye effect. A light slate blue-gray was used on the inner corners of her eyes, for a gradient effect, making her big brown eyes pop like never before. To top the entire look off, a pair of sky-high false eyelashes was used to make her brown peepers look dazzling. Her makeup artist kept her cheeks bronzed and neutral, and gave her lips a wash of pink-brown color. This makeup look is extremely easy to achieve, so,
To achieve Lea Michele’s Eye Makeup:
- Apply a base or primer to your eyelid. You can use any eyeshadow primer that you own, just so that the denim blue eyeshadow looks vibrant, and does not crease.
- Sweep a matte (or satin) denim blue eyeshadow over your entire eyelid, stopping at the crease. Use a fluffy blending brush to very lightly make the crease look blended.
- Using a stiff, flat eyeliner brush dipped into your denim blue eyeshadow, draw a line at an upward angle beyond the outer corner of your eye. Use the brush to create an outline of your cat eye, using the guide below:
- Once you have created a clean outline for your wing, use your eyeshadow brush to fill it in.
- Sweep a light blue-gray eyeshadow into the inner corner of your eye, blending with the lid color.
- Lea Michele is wearing false eyelashes in her look, so if you wish to use them, line your upper lash line with a black eyeliner, and apply your false eyelashes. I am not wearing them in my interpretation, but I still lined my upper lash line to add to the overall smokiness of the look, and add drama to my lashes.
To Achieve Lea Michele’s Cheeks:
- Using a bronze colored blush (or bronzer itself), apply to your cheekbones for a natural, bronzed flush. A great option is MAC Cosmetics “Sunbasque,” which is a perfect neutral bronze for blue and green eye makeup looks.
- Lea Michele’s cheekbones have been contoured, so if you wish to contour, please read Beauty Gala’s Guide To Contouring. Once you have contoured, you can then apply your bronze colored blush and blend well.
To Achieve Lea Michele’s Lips:
- Lea’s makeup artist finished off her 2010 Emmy look with a pink-brown nude lipstick. A fantastic option is Benefit’s “Lady’s Choice” Lipstick, which has a pink-brown tone to it that is the perfect nude lip for this look.
Lea Michele’s 2010 Emmy Makeup was a stunner because you don’t often see a cat eye based around blue eyeshadow. You typically see the winged out effect being used only with eyeliner, or black eyeshadow. The denim blue shade is stunning on Lea in particular because she has huge, gorgeous brown eyes. The eyes are the main focus of this look, which is sultry, sophisticated, and a bit unexpected. Her makeup artist did a fantastic job at keeping the rest of her look bronzed and neutral. This is a simple, quick look that anyone can achieve, from beginners to professionals!
Have a more specific question about how I achieved this look?
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]