I’m so, so excited to bring details of this sweepstakes to you all! Have you ever dreamed of being a VIP at New York Fashion Week? Well, Kohls and Rock & Republic are offering you a chance of a lifetime! When I want to feel like a total rockstar, this is my go-to look. I pile on the eyeliner, the false lashes, and add some glitter to it. Want to have the time of your life in NYC? To enter,
When it comes to makeup, achieving a total rockstar worthy look is extremely simple! I like to combine all the elements of glitz and glamour with some elements of edginess to them (mile-long fake lashes, anyone?). I took my favorite color in the entire world, purple, and made that my main eyeshadow color. To really amp it up and make myself feel like a pop-star during a concert, I added mile-long false lashes and loads of purple glitter that sparkles like crazy. To achieve this look:
- Apply an eyeshadow primer or base. This step is really important, especially if you are going to be piling on the eyeshadow, glitter, and liner like I am. Concealer will work if you have nothing else, as well.
- Apply a purple eyeshadow over your entire eyelid, through the crease, and blend. You can use your favorite color, which is what I did, and the purple really brings out my blue-green eyes. I used L’oreal “Perpetual Purple” eyeshadow for this look.
- Apply black liquid liner to your upper lash line, and smudge black liner on your lower waterline. Smudge, smudge, smudge! This is a rockstar look, so get a little messy and don’t be afraid to have it intentionally look that way. Black eyeliner is a must-have for that rockstar appeal.
- Apply purple or iridescent glitter on top of your eyeshadow. I used Sally Girl’s glitter and glitter adhesive (available at any Sally Beauty Supply store), and applied it right on top of my eyeshadow.
- Apply false lashes. Rock out hard on this step and go with the longest, darkest, most dramatic lashes you can find! I applied really dark, long, thick eyelashes for that extremely dramatic look.
I kept the rest of the look simple by applying some peachy-pink blush, and a nude-pink lipstick. My eyes are the focus of this look!
The finished look is my go-to “rockstar” makeup look. It’s perfect for a concert, a night out on the town, or when you’re on your way to New York Fashion Week…
This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and I know that many of you who read Beauty Gala love beauty, fashion, and all things trendy. I want to send one of you to New York Fashion week!
- Roundtrip airfare for two to New York City.
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodations at the W New York-Times Square.
- Ground transportation to and from the airport, as well as to and from fashion shows.
- Two tickets to the Rock & Republic fashion show.
- Rock & Republic makeovers for you and your guest: clothes, hair, AND makeup.
- $300 spending money.
Contest is open until January 28th, 2012 at 9pm PST. Enter, enter, enter!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
*Contest is sponsored by Glam Media, which I am a part of. I want a Beauty Gala reader to rock her way around New York Fashion Week!