Since a lot of people are attending parties and parades this weekend, I wanted to do 2 different St. Patrick’s Day Makeup Looks. Yesterday I did a very dramatic, bold cut crease look and today I am showing you a really light, glowing, conservative look that you can rock at school or the office. I personally love wearing green eyeshadow in more conservative ways because it really makes your skin and eyes look so luminous. I also tested out and used a bunch of new products for this look and I’ll give you my quick thoughts inside…
LORAC’s Unzipped GOLD Palette was used for this look. I recently scooped mine up from Kohl’s and I do not regret getting it. I have neutral palettes galore in my collection but this one is just above and beyond stunning. Every single shade is super soft, blendable, and pigmented. I had given my original LORAC Unzipped Palette to my little sister and trust me, I won’t be making that mistake with this one!
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Shade 1 lightly to the crease of your eye with a fluffy blending brush. I just barely applied this shade to the eyelid. It’s just used so that everything is well blended and there is a tiny bit of definition to the socket.
- Apply Shade 2 over your entire eyelid and along your lower lash-line. This is a stunningly gorgeous metallic gold shade that reflects light like crazy.
- Apply Shade 3 generously to the inner corners of your eyes. This gives you that healthy “lit from within” glow. This is also an incredible shade.
- Apply Shade 4 to your brow-bone. This will highlight your brow area.
- Go in with any green eyeliner of your choice and line your upper lash-line close to your lashes. Do the same along your lower lashes, smudging and blending it as you go. This step will give you that pop of green to make the look festive. Use your pencil to lightly smudge it along the lashes and blend as you go along. The line doesn’t have to be perfect! You can always use a small brush to smudge and blend the line out as well. Since I used quite a light green, the line didn’t have to be extremely precise and it actually looks better this way, since it now looks like a green to gold gradient on the eye.
- Apply a flesh-toned eyeliner to your lower water-line. This will open up your eyes and again, bring more light to the area.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
What makes this look unique is that there is nothing crazy or harsh going on. If you work in a conservative work environment or you simply prefer more natural makeup, this is going to work well for you. I like how much light these shades reflect and how your eye area looks shimmery and luminous without it being over-the-top.
FACE AND LIP PRODUCTS USED:
- MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP 1 SMOOTHING PRIMER // This is actually a product I recently bought since it was just released. I cannot express to you how much I love this primer. It completely smooths over my skin to erase pores and fine lines. It is, hands down, the best primer I have ever owned.
- NYX COSMETICS HIGH DEFINITION FOUNDATION // Also a brand new product, I love this foundation. It photographs really well and blends like a dream.
- NYX COSMETICS HIGH DEFINITION FINISHING POWDER // This is a brand new product to go along with their new foundation. It’s a translucent finishing powder that literally feels like silk and photographs beautifully. I love it.
- KAT VON D SHADE + LIGHT PALETTE // I use this all the time now to highlight and contour. It’s amazing.
- LORAC BAKED MATTE SATIN BLUSH IN EXPOSED // This is a beautiful peachy-coral shade that goes really well with greens and blues.
- BECCA COSMETICS SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED IN OPAL // Hands down, the be-all-end-all highlighter of all time. I have already hit pan on this product in less than 3 months.
- BENEFIT COSMETICS INSTANT BROW PENCIL IN LIGHT TO MEDIUM // Since my hair is much lighter now, I am using lighter brow pencils. This one is pretty nice and it also keeps my brow hairs in place!
- DOSE OF COLORS LIPSTICK IN “COY” // I have been a huge fan of this indie, online-only makeup brand. Every single one of their lip products are insanely pigmented so I only needed a swipe to get super bright coral color.
- SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH PRIMER WATER // I’ve been using this for several weeks now and I am in love with it. I use it before my foundation and I also use it to set everything on my face. It has caffeine in it and really refreshes your skin and face.
The finished look is subtle, glowing, and yet still festive for St. Patrick’s Day. See my dramatic look here.
PS: Yes, you see lavender purple in my hair! I am currently going through a transition to full-on lavender hair and I am in the “between” stages of switching. My hair was quite dark and red, so it will probably take another session or two with my hair dresser to fully get where I want. We used Olaplex throughout the lightening process so far and it has absolutely made all the difference in my hair’s integrity, especially since it’s so long. My hair actually feels healthier after using it! I will do a full post on the process once I get to my desired color fully.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]