NYX’s Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils have a huge following with the makeup community, and for good reason: They are ultra creamy, long lasting, and pigmented eyeshadow “crayons” that can be used as an eyeliner, an eyeshadow, or as a base for your powder eyeshadow. At only $4.19 a pencil, these eyeshadow pencils are a ridiculously great value, and have so many uses. To see swatches of all the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils I own, as well as tips for usage,
- Black Bean is a dark black shade. This is perfect for applying lightly as a cream base for your eyeshadow, especially if you are using metallic or some frosted shades of eyeshadow. Black makes those pop!
- French Fries is a bronzed brown shade.
- Hot Pink is a bright bubblegum pink with hints of fuchsia in it.
- Milk is a pure white, opaque shade. This is perfect for using as a cream base to make bright, neon eyeshadow colors pop even more. It’s also great to use as a base for light, shimmery powder eyeshadow, as it will stick to this formula, and last longer.
- Cottage Cheese is a more translucent, slightly more silvery version of milk.
- Baby Blue is a light, pastel blue shade.
- Pacific is a medium sky blue that reminds me of the ocean.
- Purple is a medium blue based purple shade.
- Slate is a dark gray shade.
- Strawberry Milk is a light frosty pink shade. It is lighter, and more translucent than the hot pink pencil.
- Oyster is a light, shimmery, somewhat sheer light pinkish purple shade. It has reflections of pink in it, as well, and can sometimes look lavender, depending on the light.
- Horse Raddish is a medium green shade that almost looks a bit on the seafoam green side.
- Iced Mocha is a dark metallic brown shade.
Some usages for these pencils include:
- Use as an eyeliner on your bottom or top lash line.
- Use as an all over eyeshadow color for a quick, easy wash. Be careful to use a light hand, so these do not crease.
- Use as a cream base for your powder eyeshadow. Anywhere you apply this, apply your powder eyeshadow over top, and it will last forever.
- Line the inner corners of your eyes, or your bottom waterline with Milk or Cottage Cheese to open up your eyes and give you a refreshed, awake look.
- Use the pink shades as cream blush or to make your own lipstick or lip gloss shades.
- Use a color such as Cottage Cheese lightly as a highlight for your face, or above your lips to make them look larger.
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils retail for $4.19 each at your local Ulta, or you can browse and purchase these pencils online by clicking below:
Jumbo Eye Pencil
Was this post helpful?
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.