This look was requested by lovely Beauty Gala reader Carly, and she even sent me the photograph of Charlize Theron to show how much she loved this makeup. It’s absolutely stunning, and best of all, it will take you less than five minutes to do! I used all drugstore products to achieve this look, and I was able to finish this off in a lightning-fast record amount of time. The skin is glowing and perfected with a dab of bright pink blush on the upper portion of the cheekbones. To see how to achieve this look and what products I used,
- Perfected skin. Since the look is very light everywhere but the lips, perfected skin will really pop with this look. Even if you don’t have perfect skin, go ahead and fake it! I used Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation in 155 – Soft Honey to achieve an even skin tone. I purchased this product recently and I already love it. It’s moisturizing but still keeps my oily skin at bay. It feels super smooth and helps perfect any fine lines, blemishes, or discoloration. If you need to, go ahead and apply concealer under your eyes, around your nose and mouth, and on any blemishes directly.
- Bronze, baby! Charlize Theron always has a gorgeous glow to her skin. Apply a bronzer and sweep your brush mimicking the number “3” from your temples to underneath your cheekbones to under your jaw. This will give a bit of color to the face and add a beautiful luminosity. I used Physician’s Formula Bronze Booster Bronzer.
- Flush your cheeks. I love that Charlize is wearing her blush further back on her cheekbones, giving her that sculpted look. Apply a bright pink blush but avoid the apples of your cheeks, instead applying further back and upward toward your temple. This will create a sculpted look that makes your cheekbones look higher. I used Physician’s Formula pH Blush which reacts to your skin to create the perfect pink shade for you.
- Keep your eyes bare. Charlize has the tiniest amount of a light neutral brown on her eyelid and into her crease. I used my Wet n Wild “Walking on Eggshells” palette for this and applied the light brown shade very lightly on my eyelid and crease. I also lightly brushed this onto my bottom lash line for the tiniest amount of shadow and definition in that area. To bring light and attention to your eyes, apply a light champagne shade with some shimmer in it to your brow-bone. Curl your lashes and apply mascara to your upper lashes only.
- Pack a punch with fuchsia lips. This is the main focus of the look so be sure your lips are prepped and ready for a bright, bold color. I used Revlon Lip Butter in “Lollipop” for this look, and it is almost dead-on with Charlize’s color. The product naturally has a sheen to it so you won’t need to add any clear lip gloss on top for a shine. The fuchsia shade is going to tie everything together and be the focus of the look.
The Finished Look:
This look is perfect for wearing with a headband or an updo. Charlize Theron hit this one out of the park by wearing her hair up with slightly backcombed hair and a headband. The end result is flawless, bronzed skin and bright, bold lips that beg to be the center of attention. This is perfect for a night out with the girls, or even a fun date night on the boardwalk! This look is also perfectly on trend for spring and summer, as well. Best of all, it takes less than five minutes to achieve, and you can easily get this look with inexpensive drugstore products!
Want to request a specific hair or makeup look? Comment below or send me an e-mail at Rebecca@beautygala.com.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]