I will always be a huge fan of New York Color eyeshadow palettes because they put down really beautiful color and pigmentation for the price. I was scouting the local drugstore displays and caught this palette, Queens Boulevard. It contains four shades in it, with three of them being shades of purple, and one of them being a white highlighter. I personally have a love affair with the color purple, but beyond that, purple really brings out the color of my eyes, which I love. To see more photographs of this look and how I achieved it,
I like that this palette has different shades of purple in it, ranging from lavender to grape. In general, this palette does lean very cool-toned. I typically go for warmer eyeshadow shades because of my skin tone, but this palette worked on me.
- Swipe the lavender shade (far left) across your entire eyelid.
- Apply the medium toned purple shade (far right) into the crease of your eye, blending slightly upward. Also apply this shade on the bottom lash line.
- Apply the darkest purple (second from left) to the outer third of your eyelids, blending well.
- Apply the white highlighting shade to your brow bone and inner corners of your eyes.
- Apply eyeliner (optional) to bottom waterline and smudge out slightly. Apply mascara.
The Finished Look:
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]