One of my favorite supermodels is the oh-so-gorgeous Candice Swanepoel, who also happens to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel. She has incredible eyes and bone structure, and when you couple that with the stunning makeup she often wears, you get a makeup lover’s dream! Her signature look is very simple and you can achieve it in five minutes. No, really…I promise it’s super fast. The key is to have glowing, dewy skin with simple cat-eye liner. Inside, I’ve got the full five minute tutorial, as well as all the products I used!
[This editorial may feature press sample(s) sent for consideration.]
THE MUSE: Candice Swanepoel; Victoria’s Secret Angel and International Supermodel.
THE LOOK: Dewy, highlighted, glowing skin with a contoured cheek and pink blush. Eyelids have a white shimmer and some black eyeliner drawn into a feline flick. Lips are a frosty, shimmering pink.
- L’oreal True Match Lumi Foundation (W6 Warm is my shade)
- Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller
- Sonia Kashuk Illuminating Bronzer in “Goddess”
- Physician’s Formula pH Matchmaker Blush in “Natural”
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in “Radiant Light”
- Billion Dollar Brows Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- Stila Kajal Eyeliner in “Topaz”
- NYC Sparkle Eyedust in “Opal Sparkle”
- Mia Mariu Lipstick in “Beso”
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in “Very Black”
- Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner in “Hazel Eyes”
HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK:
- Apply a dewy, illuminating foundation over your skin. Blend this well, and apply a light concealer underneath your eyes. I used the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller because it helps de-puff any bags I may have, as well as puts down illuminating color underneath my eyes.
- Using a stiff kabuki brush, apply matte bronzer that is 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone to the hollow area of your cheeks. Make the contour more noticeable toward the temple and less noticeable as you blend toward your lips. Apply a feminine pink blush just above the bronzer. Blend the two together to create a seamless finish. Try to keep the blush off the apple of the cheek, since Candice tends to wear her blush more in the hollow’s of her cheekbones.
- Apply a highlighter of your choice. I used Hourglass Ambient Powder in “Radiant Light” all over because it gives my skin a glowing, subtle shimmer.
- Apply a white eyeshadow across your entire eyelid. You can use anything in your collection that you own. I used a $2.00 drugstore eyeshadow to give my eyelids an opalescent sheen. Apply a white or flesh toned eyeliner to your lower water-line. This is a SIGNATURE Candice Swanepoel makeup trick, as well as a Victoria’s Secret Angel makeup trick. The flesh toned or white eyeliner opens up your eye and makes it look larger and awake. Apply gel liner to your upper lash-line and flick the edges out into a cat-eye. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Fill in your brows, making sure to keep them looking natural. Use light, feathery strokes so the look is not harsh.
- Apply a frosty, shimmering doll-pink shade to your lips. Candice is known for her natural, yet girly pink lip colors.
THE FINISHED LOOK:
It may take you up to ten minutes your first time trying this makeup look at home, but in no time, you’ll get it finished within five minutes. This is my “go-to” look for every day, and I can put this on in a flash. It’s a simple, natural look that leaves your skin looking youthful and healthy, and your eyes big and bright.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This editorial may contain a sample product provided by the brand or PR company. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]