Have you ever found a surprise makeup item hidden somewhere? I found this gem hiding in an old Sephora bag that I had sitting in my home office. I ripped it open as fast as I could and went to town with it. The Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow is sparkly, glittery goodness. They are full on metallic shimmers with loads of complexities in them. I have Ether for you, which has apparently been sitting inside that Sephora bag for far too long! Check out my makeup tutorial inside…
Ether is a complex purple shade with loads of metallic shimmer in it. It looks purple right in the pan, but it actually sits in a darker base and has bright violet and blue specks of glitter in it. You can wear this shade dry or wet your brush for maximum effect. If you’ve never used the Moondust Eyeshadow from Urban Decay, you are in for a treat. They are absolutely stunning on the eyelids and give off a one-of-a-kind sparkle.
HOW TO GET THIS MAKEUP LOOK:
- Apply a matte grey into the socket of your eyes and blend upward toward your brow-bone. I used the shade “Password” from the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette.
- Apply a shimmering black shade to the crease of your eyes ONLY.This is going to really define the crease of your eyes and let that grey shade peek out only slightly. I used “Black Market” from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette.
- Apply Ether over your entire eyelid with a wet makeup brush. Also apply this shade along your lower lash-line generously. Using it wet just intensifies the sparkle and helps keep the fallout of the shimmer at bay.
- Go back with “Black Market” and blend out your crease again. I always go back with my crease color so that it looks clean.
- Apply black eyeliner to your lower water-line. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. You’re finished!
The look is smoldering, sexy, and has loads of fun purple shimmer in it. I would wear this for a night out in a heartbeat. It’s absolutely stunning and the glitter in Ether is very noticeable.
I paired this look with neutral nudes and brown shades. Here is what I used on the rest of my face:
- Skindinavia Oil-Free Primer Spray
- Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Medium
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
- BECCA Cosmetics Blush in “Flowerchild”
- BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Opal”
- Anastasia Dip Brow in Blonde
- L.A. Splash Studio Shine Lip Lustre in “Nala”
- Skindinavia Oil-Free Finishing Spray
It’s always fun when I find something I purchased awhile ago in my makeup stash. Urban Decay “Ether” is absolutely gorgeous and I’m happy I found it so I can sparkle the rest of my summer away!
Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow is available in several different shades and is sold at Sephora and Ulta stores nationwide. You can also purchase this eyeshadow online here. Each eyeshadow retails for $20.00USD.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]