A couple of days ago, I decided to give myself a Hello Kitty manicure after receiving my Hello Kitty Stamping Plate that I purchased from eBay. For just a few dollars, you can purchase a plate that has Hello Kitty’s signature face on it, as well as six other usable designs on it. I have gotten many compliments on my nails since doing it, and the number one question is, “How did you do it?” Here, I will explain in detail how I achieved my Hello Kitty nails using just a few products, most of which you probably already own!
It is important to remember that it takes time to get used to using a nail stamper. When I first tried it, I often messed up the design on my nail, and got frustrated. Some tips to make things go smoothly your first couple of tries:
- Make sure your base coat of nail polish is completely dry. In this case, if your base coat is even slightly tacky still, you will completely mess up the nail since you are applying pressure to the nail with the stamper.
- Make sure you use a thick nail polish or a special nail stamping polish for your stamp. Konad sells special polishes, and you can also find cheaper stamping nail polishes on eBay, as well. They are much thicker, sticker, and goopier, and meant for nail stamping art specifically.
- When transferring the design from the plate to your stamper, make sure you use good pressure, and stamp from up to down, or left to right. This ensures you transfer the full design and not just part of it. This also pertains to applying the design to your actual nail as well. You want to “roll” the design onto your nail from the stamper.
- The special stamping polish dries very quickly, so you must work quickly from the time you apply it to your plate until you stamp your actual nail.
- For each nail, you will need to use a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover to wipe off the design on your plate. Be sure to have nail polish remover nearby for this!
- When applying a top coat over your design, be sure to use quick, even strokes, and use a little more top coat than normal. Nail stamping designs can “smudge” or “run” when using a top coat, so this step is best done with a lot of top coat, quickly.
Buy Nail Stamping Kits and Plates on eBay (search for those exact terms) or from the retailer I bought from: http://www.beautifulscratchers.com/
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]