I have had several requests to do some makeup looks using the Urban Decay Naked Palette. The best part about the looks using this palette are that they contain neutral shades that most women own in their makeup collection. You may use any shades that are similar, but of course, Urban Decay’s Naked Palette is a fantastic option for rich, pigmented, shimmering color. Bronzed Smoke eye makeup is an updated version of the classic smokey eye, making this look appropriate for daytime, as well. To see how to achieve this look,
How to Achieve “Bronzed Smoke” Eyes:
- Apply a shimmering beige eyeshadow to the inner corner of your eye. For this look, I used Urban Decay’s “Sin.”
- Apply a medium bronze shade over your entire eyelid, focusing the color mostly on the center of your eyelid, so it has a beautiful, even bronze wash of color. I used Urban Decay’s “Toasted.”
- Apply a dark chocolate bronze shade into the crease of your eye, as well as on the outer third of your eyelid. Using a crease or pencil brush, work this dark bronze shade slightly higher than your crease, slightly under your brow bone. This contributes to the “smoke” look of the eyeshadow. For this look, I used Urban Decay’s “Hustle.”
- Apply the original shimmering beige color (“Sin,” in this look) you used for the inner eyelid to your brow bone. Blend downward into the crease color, so these two shades are blended out well.
- Using a black eyeliner, line your bottom lash line and water line. Use a smudge brush to smoke out the eyeliner, making it slightly less perfect. I used Urban Decay’s 24/7 Liner in “Zero,” which came with this palette.
- Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
Bronzed Smoke eyes are fantastic for a special night out, or for those days when you want to glam it up more, and really give yourself a smoldering, sexy look. The effect is more of a sexy gaze than streetwalker during the daytime, and it won’t overpower your look.
For my cheeks, I used MAC Cosmetics “Stereo Rose,” Mineralize Skinfinish. Any peachy-pink blush (think: NARS “Orgasm”) will work wonderfully here!
For my lips, I used Benefit’s Full-Finish Lipstick in “Lady’s Choice.” It is a fantastic neutral nude that balances out the smokiness of the eyes.
The Urban Decay Naked Palette is a permanent fixture in the Urban Decay Cosmetics collection. This palette retails for $44 at your local Sephora or Ulta location. This palette is currently difficult to find in many locations, and is sold out on Sephora online. You can choose to be notified when it comes back in stock at Sephora online, or you may purchase this palette from Ulta online by clicking the photograph and link below:
The palette is also available at Macy’s.
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]