I had a specific request to do a makeup look with the Revlon Photoready Eye Art in Green Glimmer, which I received as part of my “New CVS Beauty Products” package. I am so glad I broke this baby out because it is absolutely magical in color. When I think of green and turquoise, I most often think of peach-toned shades. I paired this look with a gorgeous sweep of peachy-orange eyeshadow, which blended everything out well and made the turquoise pop even more. I’ve got the full tutorial inside,
Revlon Photoready Eye Art in Green Glimmer is a double-sided eye product that contains both a cream eyeshadow and a matching glitter. The cream dries down to a long lasting powder-like finish.
HOW TO GET THIS LOOK:
- Apply a light matte peach shade into the crease of your eyes and blend it upward toward your eyebrows. I used Makeup Geek’s “Peach Smoothie” for this.
- Using the applicator wand, apply a small amount of the cream eyeshadow side to your eyelids and underneath your lash line. Blend this out with an eyeshadow brush, stopping at the crease on your eyelid.
- Using a brighter matte orange eyeshadow, I used Makeup Geek’s “Chickadee” for this, apply this shade to the crease of your eyes only and use this shade along your lower lash-line to blend the colors out.
- Take the glitter applicator out and apply the glitter along the inner corners of your eyes for a pop of shimmer and turquoise brilliance.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
THE FINISHED EYE LOOK:
There is something very soothing and relaxing about turquoise and peachy shades together. Maybe it is reminiscent of the beach and all things nature, but they complement each other very well. This is a fantastic makeup look for spring and summer.
For the lips, I used Dose of Color’s “Coy” Lipstick. It’s incredibly pigmented, so I lightly dabbed it onto my lips and used my fingers to blend it out. This peachy nude shade will look great on a variety of skin tones.
THE FACE MAKEUP:
When working with bright and bold colors, it’s usually best to keep the rest of your makeup muted. I used all peachy-neutral tones on my face. Here is a list of products I used:
- Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Medium
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
- Clinique Cheek Pop in Fig
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal
- Anastasia Dip Brow in Blonde
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
THE FINISHED LOOK:
Revlon’s Photoready Eye Art in Green Glimmer can be found at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide. Each product retails for under $10.00USD, making these a beauty bargain! They are also available in several different shades, as well.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]