Today I went out with my sister who needed to do some school shopping. School shopping is now college shopping, which makes me feel both proud and nostalgic because she is so grown up. The heat has let up slightly here, meaning we’re in the 90’s now instead of over 100 degrees. It might not seem like much, but it makes a big difference in my makeup routine personally. I just can’t stand putting on a nice full face of makeup like this one when the heat index is 110 or above. So, I have a little Makeup of the Day edition for you, Summer Style, which is my version of a polished daytime look that is super appropriate for the summertime.
HOW TO GET THIS EYE MAKEUP:
- Apply an eyeshadow primer over your entire eyelid. I used Urban Decay’s Eden. I like it because it is matte and I feel like eyeshadow really sticks to your lids when you apply this first.
- Apply a matte mauve-brown into the crease of your eyelids and blend it upward. I used MAC Quarry Eyeshadow, which is one of my all-time favorite crease shades that I use on a regular basis. I also applied it lightly to my lower lash-line for some slight definition there.
- Apply ColourPop’s Nillionaire Eyeshadow over your entire eyelid using a patting motion. I am head over heels in love with this shade. I adore ColourPop and everything they make, but their Nillionaire shade is pure golden shimmery goodness. What I like is that it’s extremely brightening and chock full of shimmer and glitter, but it doesn’t have fallout and it’s completely appropriate for daytime wear.
- Go back with MAC Quarry Eyeshadow, and lightly clean up the crease of your eye again in case any of the ColourPop shade got into it.
- Apply MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 along your lower water-line which is SUPER brightening. Using a flesh-toned eyeliner will make this entire look incredible. It gives you a super rounded, awake, doll-like effect. I swear by this pencil for my water-line.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
The effect is truly beautiful and it is so brightening to your eyes, no matter what skin tone you are. It will make your eyes look really bright, awake, and gorgeous.
HOW TO GET THIS FACE MAKEUP: Rather than go step-by-step, I will list the products I used, in the exact order I used them.
- Skindinavia Oil-Free Primer Spray
- Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Medium
- Maybelline Better Skin Concealer in “Light”
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
- BECCA Cosmetics Blush in “Flowerchild”
- BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Opal”
- Anastasia Dip Brow in Blonde
- Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm
- Skindinavia Oil-Free Finishing Spray
I swear by the Skindinavia Primer Spray and Finishing Spray. I love how lightweight spray’s are for the summer versus an actual product you work into your skin. The Sephora Airbrush Foundation is so lightweight and a dream to work with. I never thought I would love such an expensive “lip balm,” but Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm is not just a lip balm. It is incredible and I don’t go a day without using it.
The end result is really bright, glowing skin, cheeks, and lips. It complements the brightening eye makeup well.
I threw my hair up into a half bun on top of my head. It’s such a cute hairstyle and since my hair is really long, it helps keep some of the hair off of my neck which typically makes me even hotter in the summer. I couldn’t resist trying on some gorgeous pieces while I was out with my sister, like the romper you see above. I’m such a sucker for bohemian pieces!
Anytime spent with my sister is a great time and I had a great day.
As always, if you have any questions about any of the products I used, feel free to leave a comment below! I’m happy to answer you anytime of the day.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]