I found a new favorite combination of eyeshadow shades recently! It’s super simple and requires only 2 shades. I am using MAC Deeply Dashing Pressed Pigment and MAC Rule Eyeshadow. Rule is a matte peachy-orange, and it’s a great crease shade for transitioning colors, or even as a stand-alone shade like in this look. Deeply Dashing is a gorgeous chocolate brown shade with loads of shimmer and reflects in it, and it looks beautiful in contrast to the matte texture of Rule in the crease. If you want to see more pictures, a full tutorial, and a full product list,
[Some products may be press samples.]
HOW TO ACHIEVE THE EYE LOOK:
A few days ago on Instagram, I posted swatches and pictures of the two shades I’m using. Here’s what I did (it’s super simple):
- Apply MAC’s Rule (or any matte peachy-orange shade) into the socket of your eye. Blend this shade upward, but blend more as you go higher so that it’s just barely noticeable as you go toward your brow-bone. Keep repeating this step until your desired intensity is achieved. I would say that I went over this step about five times before I was completely satisfied with the opacity and blending.
- Apply MAC’s Deeply Dashing (or another highly shimmery/sparkling brown) over the entire eyelid and along the lower lash-line. Pat this down on the eyelid, stopping at the crease. I used a wet brush so the color was extra intense.
- Go back with MAC’s Rule and buff out the lower lash-line for a smokey effect. You can also go back and blend out the crease with this shade again, just to be sure everything is smooth and blended!
To top my look off, I applied black eyeliner to my upper lash-line and lower water-line. I wouldn’t normally add false lashes, but since this look was for the blog, I popped some falsies on to add drama.
THE FINISHED LOOK:
What I love about MAC Rule Eyeshadow is that it looks very peachy-orange, but when you apply it to the skin and blend it, it takes on a very warm, coppery-toned brown shade. It’s the PERFECT transitional and crease shade for a variety of eye colors. It will especially make blue-green eyes pop.
MAC Deeply Dashing Pressed Pigment is super sparkly and beautiful. It’s one of those shades you definitely want to check out in person because pictures don’t even do it justice!
FULL LIST OF PRODUCTS USED:
- Urban Decay Naked Foundation in 3.0
- Anastasia Contour Kit
- NYX HD Concealer in “Light”
- MAC Prism Blush
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner
- L’oreal Voluminous Kohl Liner
- Dior It Lash Mascara
- Red Cherry Lashes
- Too Faced Lip Injection in “Never Enough Nude”
- NARS Orgasm Lip Gloss
- Anastasia Dip Brow in “Soft Brown”
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article contains sample products provided by the brand or PR company. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]