If you missed my swatches of the LORAC California Dreaming Palette, you can find them here. I always like to put a look together when I swatch products so that I can accurately tell you how they blend and feel on my actual eyelids. This look has a stunning metallic shade on the eyelid, “Kitty Cat,” which is the star of the palette in my opinion. Full tutorial and look inside,
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Shade 1 (Starfish) into the crease of your eye with a fluffy blending brush, blending it upward toward your brow-bone generously. This will be our transition shade that will pop. Apply this shade along your lower lash-line as well.
- Use Shade 2 (Hot Toddy) with the same fluffy blending brush and apply this directly into the socket of your eye only, focusing it right where your eye creases when it is open. This is used to darken it up and add depth.
- Wet a small eyeshadow brush and apply Shade 3 (Kitty Cat) over your eyelid, using a patting motion so you get the most pigment. Stop this shade just at the crease.
- Use Shade 4 (Sand Castle) in the inner corners of your eyes to add a pop of light.
- Finish the look off with Shade 5 (Cozy) on your brow-bone to clean up Step 1 and make everything look well blended.
To finish the look off, I added black eyeliner to my lower lash-line and tight-lined my upper lashes. Tight-lining your upper lashes will make it look like your lashes are thicker and blacker, and also hide the band of your false lashes if you choose to wear them. I use Ardency Inn Modster Liner in Black always because it’s so super pigmented and glides on like a dream.
I can’t tell you how much I love the shade “Kitty Cat” in the LORAC California Dreaming Palette. It is just a pure metallic dream and looks extraordinary on the eyelid.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]