Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. These lip tars apply moist like a lip gloss, and then dry down to a satin finish. These lip tars contain an extreme amount of pigment – a little goes a very long way! While the color is intense, it feels featherweight on your lips. These lip tars are meant to be mixed and experimented with, as they come in an extremely wide array of colors, including white and black, to darken and lighten other lip colors. OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. These lip tars are not at all sticky, and have a peppermint taste and smell to them. To see swatches of the lip tars I own,
- Clear is meant to be mixed with your favorite pigments and lipsticks you already own, or for a natural sheen to your lips. You can even mix lip tars together to create your own shade.
- Grandma is a classic coral color that is more on the demure side for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. This color did not photograph as coral as it really is. It is a bit more muted in real life.
- NSFW is a primary blue-based red that is extremely intense.
- Pageant is a “beauty queen fuchsia.” Gorgeous punch of berry color!
- Melange is a terracotta neutral that is a great nude option for your lips.
I purchased my OCC Lip Tars over a year ago, when the lip tars were newly released, and the packaging was different. Above is the old packaging, but in our main graphic, you can see the new packaging. The new packaging contains the name of the company on the front of the tube, and looks sleeker and more chic.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars are meant to be applied with a single drop or two. They are so extremely pigmented that all you need is a single drop applied to your lips. They can be a little challenging to work with at first, as you need to get used to the intensity of the pigment to perfect your application without experiencing feathering of the color. Each tube will last you for an extremely long time since you only need a single drop for intense color.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars come in twenty-four shades, retail for $12.50 for a 8mL tube, and can be viewed and purchased at Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Online.
What Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars would you try? Don’t forget to vote for our next celebrity-inspired makeup look!
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[Products were purchased with my own money.]
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]