The NARS Hungry Heart Duo is one of several duo palettes that NARS offers. On the left, there is an iridescent gold ivory highlighter, and on the right, there is a pink pearl sheen with golden specks in it. Both shades flatter every single skin tone, and can really amp up your look for an event, or for a night out. These add a touch of polish to your look, and give you that “candlelit” glow to your complexion. For more product photographs and swatches,
- NARS Hungry Heart Duo is a luxurious highlighting duo option that leaves an iridescent sparkle and sheen to your face. You apply these highlighters where your face would naturally hit the sun/light…above your cheekbones, your cupid’s bow, and towards the bottom of your chin. I have included a diagram below as to where you should apply highlighter to your face, however, with an iridescent highlighter like this duo, you would want to apply more sparingly, so as not to look too shiny, or like a disco ball! Apply above the lip to make lips look fuller, and on the top of the cheekbones to give yourself a refreshed looking glow. While the shade on the left is more of an ivory than the pink color on the right, both have golden undertones (like many NARS products do) to them and will flatter even cool complexions. Both are sheer enough to wear on the body, as well, such as the collarbone or the décolletage.
Tips and Tricks for Wearing:
- Apply with a small brush, such as a contouring or blush brush, for more precise application, especially on the face.
- If you have oily skin, apply sparingly to the forehead and nose, as this product will further highlight your pores, and make you appear more oily.
- Apply to the middle of your lips with a lip brush or your finger to add a glow to your favorite lip product, and make your lips appear larger.
- Highlight the front, middle of your legs to give them a longer, leaner silhouette.
- Mix with your favorite moisturizer on the back of your hand for a DIY illuminating moisturizer you can apply anywhere on your body or face.
- Use as a base or on top of your favorite eyeshadow to create your own custom colors. Applying as a base will make your eyeshadow appear more intense, whereas applying over your favorite eyeshadow will lighten the shade and give it an iridescent sheen.
- Apply directly under your brow bone as a brow highlight to make your brow bones appear higher, and give you a less tired, refreshed appearance.
- For an extremely simple, fast, glowing eyeshadow, sweep over your eyelids.
- Dust into your hair to give your hair a shiny glow.
While this duo is certainly a high end, luxurious product, it has many different usages, and is universally flattering on all skin tones. In my opinion, this duo is worth its price for how gorgeous the sheen is, and how long this product will last me.
NARS Hungry Heart Duo retails for $38 for 0.35oz of product at Sephora and high end retailers. It can also be purchased online via Amazon.com:
Would you splurge on a highlighting product? What is your favorite NARS product?
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[Product was purchased with my own money.]
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]