China Glaze released a Summer 2010 collection called “Poolside,” which consists of six extremely bright, neon shades. The second I saw these swatches on the China Glaze twitter account, I knew this would be right up my alley. The colors are bold and daring, and perfect for those hot summer days at the beach and pool. This collection oozes summer to me, and I wanted to wear these as soon as possible, to bring that summer feeling back! To see more photographs and swatches,
- Flip Flop Fantasy is a vivid, neon pink that has some orange/coral tones to it. When compared with “Pool Party,” it really looks like a neon coral, almost like an electrified version of the inside of a grapefruit. This color is super flattering on so many skin tones, and instantly makes the skin look tan.
- Pool Party is a neon hot pink. It reminds me of Barbie pink, with that really bright, really intense hot pink color that stands out against everything else.
- Kiwi Cool-ada is a shocking neon green. Words cannot describe how much I love the wow factor of this shade! It reminds me of a green highlighter or a cold, juicy lime ice pop in the middle of the summer heat. Gorgeous.
- Yellow Polka Dot Bikini is a neon yellow shade that has some hints of lime green in there. This also reminds me of a highlighter, in that it looks so electrified that it almost flashes lime green.
- Towel Boy Toy is a neon medium blue. What else is there to say about this shade, except that it looks exactly like the shiny, clear, blue Caribbean sea?
- Sun Worshiper is an extremely unique shade in my collection. It is a light neon tangerine and it is absolutely gorgeous. I can picture this shade being extra beautiful on dark skin!
The China Glaze Poolside Collection was released on April 1st at very select retailers. I personally purchased mine from ForYourSalon.com, and they were sold out of a couple of shades within a few hours. ForYourSalon.com had excellent customer service, fast shipping, and while one of my polishes (Pool Party) leaked a very small bit during shipping, it was not the retailers fault. The polishes were all taped shut as to prevent leakage. EDIT as of 4/22/10: I was contacted by this company with an offer for a replacement of the bottle that leaked, even though mine was fine. Kudos to ForYourSalon.com for really going above and beyond! I would highly recommend that if you love this collection, check out ForYourSalon.com as soon as possible, as this collection is smoking hot with polish lovers right now! Sally Beauty Supply will be getting this collection in May 2010.
What is your favorite shade from the China Glaze Poolside Collection? Share your thoughts with Beauty Gala!
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[Products were purchased with my own money. I am not affiliated with China Glaze .]
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]