The holiday season is officially here and with that comes all the beautiful makeup sets and kits. The Jane Iredale “In The Blink of a Smoky Eye” Kit is a gorgeously sophisticated palette of eyeshadow that is both versatile and full of quality. I am personally a huge fan of Jane Iredale, because I find that their makeup never irritates my skin or eyes in any way. There is a great mix of shades in this kit and they will work for every single age and skin tone. Get the full look inside!
Inspired by busy women everywhere who want to look their best during the hectic holiday season, but with effortless ease. Possible? Now it is. Cheers! -Jane
The Jane Iredale “In The Blink of a Smoky Eye” Kit contains 8 versatile eyeshadow shades in different finishes. Inside of the palette, there are 5 step-by-step looks in a fold out “how to” guide. It also comes with a mirror and a dual-ended application brush. The packaging itself is perfect for the holiday season, with a gorgeous bokeh pattern on the outside.
This kit would make a great gift, as well, because it really works for every single skin tone and age.
There is a nice mix of matte shades and shimmers. I also find that the inclusion of both neutral shades, light and dark, with jewel toned shades as well, is one of the most versatile combinations in a makeup palette. Since Jane Iredale creates their makeup with the highest quality minerals and skin care ingredients, they are also great for anyone and everyone, despite allergies or sensitivities.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply “Rose Gold,” the lower left-hand shade, into the crease of your eyes and blend upward generously. I took this almost to my brow-bone area because I wanted this shade to pop out and show. You can always dial the eyeshadow down with a flesh-toned matte shade (which we are going to do later).
- Apply “Dawn,” the upper right-hand shade, into the crease of your eye only. Using a fluffy blending brush, create a light imprint of where you want the brown shade to be darker in the crease.
- Use “Double Espresso,” the shade to the left of the black, in the outer-third of your crease and eye. Build this shade up until it gets fairly intense and well blended.
- Apply “Iris,” the gorgeous matte purple, over your entire eyelid and along your lower lash-line. This is a lovely matte purple shade that really pops.
- Go in with “Ebony,” the matte black, very lightly. Use this in the outer-third of your eye and along the outer-third of your lower lash-line. It’s extremely pigmented, so a little goes a long way.
- Use “Pure Gold,” the shimmering gold shade in the upper middle, in the inner corners of your eyes. This will help catch the light and make your eyes look luminous.
- Finish with “Bone,” the top left shade, all over your brow-bone to tone down the very first color we applied in our crease. Since it’s a matte shade, it will look barely noticeable, but it will tone down that transition shade.
Always go back and blend, blend, blend as you see fit. You can always add more purple to the eye or blend out the crease again lightly. Once everything is blended well, you can finish the eye off how you like. I applied black eyeliner to my lower water-line for extra smokiness and topped it off with a pair of natural looking false lashes.
Matte smoky eyes are always classic and in style. They also give off the “not trying hard” vibe, which I love.
The combination of purple, brown, and black just complement each other well. While it’s a smoky eye, it still looks mature and classy. This is a great palette for those with more mature skin, as well, because of all the matte shades it contains. Shimmer can really highlight fine lines and wrinkles, so using matte eyeshadow can make you look younger.
I kept the rest of my makeup quite simplistic, since the eyes were the focus. I applied a bright pink blush and some baby pink lipstick. I’m a big fan of a dramatic eye and a more demure face!
Overall, I think the Jane Iredale “In The Blink of a Smoky Eye” Kit is a great eyeshadow palette for anyone. Whether you’re 60 or 16, you’ll find the shades are pigmented, smooth, and apply well. They flatter every skin tone and you get a gorgeous mix of matte and shimmers. There is also a great versatility with the palette, since you can create both dramatic smoky eyes or natural daytime looks with it.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]