The world has had some major Cinderella fever lately. With the launch of the new film starring Lily James, there has been a plethora of Disney’s most classic fairytale in everything from clothing to makeup. In particular, the MAC Cosmetics Cinderella Collection was a huge hit and sold out very quickly online. I saw some photographs of the gorgeous Lily James at the Los Angeles Cinderella Premiere and I knew I had to do the look. It’s perfectly fit for a princess and she literally looked like Cinderella herself at the premiere. The makeup was light, flushed, and glowing. I’ve got the full tutorial inside!
THE MUSE: Lily James, who plays Cinderella in the upcoming Disney remake of Cinderella, at the Los Angeles premiere of the movie. The look is perfect for every single age and occasion because there is no heavily applied product anywhere. Flushed pink cheeks, princess-pink lipstick, shiny silver eyeshadow, a light cat-eye flick, and thick, natural brows are the hallmarks of this look.
PRODUCTS NEEDED: You can use absolutely anything you have in your collection, especially since the MAC Cinderella Collection is mostly sold out online and in stores now. Here is a general rundown of what you’ll need:
- A shimmering silver or pearl eyeshadow.
- A light, matte brown eyeshadow.
- Black eyeliner.
- Sheer foundation or BB cream.
- Bright pink blush.
- Barbie-pink lipstick.
- Shimmering champagne highlighter.
- Eyebrow pencil and brush.
Cinderella Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow Palette
Cinderella Coupe d’Chic Blush
The packaging on the MAC Cinderella Collection is absolutely stunning. If you can still get your hands on any of the collection, I highly recommend it. Every product is very natural looking in color and pigmentation.
EYE MAKEUP TUTORIAL:
- Using Shade 1 (your matte light brown), apply this lightly to the crease of your eye for very light definition.
- Apply Shade 2 (your shimmering silver or pearl) and apply this all over your entire eyelid, inner corners, and along your lower lash-line. Be generous with this shade since Lily James has a lot of glow going on.
- Apply Shade 3 (optional) to the outer-third of your lower lash-line. This step is optional and I only did it because it looks as though Lily James has just a touch of definition on the outer corner of her lower lash-line. Be very light-handed with this shade.
- Apply Shade 4 (also optional, you can also use your shimmering silver or pearl) to your brow-bone.
- Line your upper lash-line with your black eyeliner and create a small cat-eye flick at the outer corners. Lily James does not have a super dramatic cat-eye, so don’t flick it out too much. It’s just enough to make her eyes look longer. You can also use your black eyeliner to very lightly trace your lower water-line in the outer third. Again, Lily looks like she has light definition in this part of her eye. This step is completely optional and just adds a tiny bit of depth.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Using your eyebrow pencil, lightly fill in your brows to enhance their natural shape. Use the eyebrow spoolie/brush and brush your brow hair upward and toward their natural growth. The brushing of the brow hair slightly upward really makes this look extra youthful. Lily James has very thick, natural looking eyebrows and they make her look even younger than she is.
- Apply your Barbie-pink lipstick to your lips lightly. I like to dab it on with my fingers when I want a natural look. I used MAC Impassioned Lipstick for this look.
- Apply your sheer foundation or BB cream. Lily James has very youthful looking skin so go with very light coverage and then go back and conceal specific areas if you need to.
- Apply bright pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend it toward your temples. Lily’s blush is quite doll-like, so feel free to go slightly heavier handed than usual. This gives you that “princess” look.
- Apply a shimmering champagne highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones and down your nose.
THE FINISHED LOOK:
The idea behind this look is to really look ethereal and youthful, like a Disney princess would. It’s a great look for all ages and skin tones, and can be worn during the day and also for a nighttime occasion. I absolutely loved the dress Lily James wore to this premiere event and the makeup just really brought the entire Cinderella feel together.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]