My apologies for the absence in blogging lately…the sick germs have invaded my house and I unfortunately caught them. I am back with another holiday makeup look and tutorial, which you can switch up and change as you like! I am using a brand new product I found in the drugstore that I am loving, the Revlon Photoready Eye Art in Topaz Twinkle. I actually originally thought that these were double-ended nail polishes, but upon closer inspection I realized that they were all for your eyes! In each one there is a regular cream shade and then a glitter on the other side. Both are applied with an applicator and since the product is double-ended, it’s super convenient to tote around with you. I’ve got the full tutorial inside!
Above is a photo of the brand new Revlon Photoready Eye Art double-ended wands. They come in a variety of shades, and I decided to go with “100 – Topaz Twinkle,” which is a gorgeous bronze-gold neutral duo. One side has a cream eyeshadow that dries down to a long-lasting finish and the other side is a coordinating glitter that has a small brush applicator. It’s perfect for lining your lash-line with a small amount of glitter or even applying it over the entire eyelid.
THE HOLIDAY LOOK: Soft, neutral eye makeup that includes a metallic bronze eyelid with a pop of gold glitter along the entire lower lash-line. The cheeks are contoured and sculpted, the cheekbones are highlighted and shimmery, and the lips are bright red.
HOW TO GET THE EYE MAKEUP LOOK:
- Using a matte light brown shade, apply it over your entire socket and crease area up toward your brow-bone generously.
- Apply a matte medium brown shade into the crease of your eye only and blend it well. Also apply this shade along your lower lash-line, stopping before the inner corner of the eye.
- Using the cream shade in the Revlon Photoready Eye Art “Topaz Twinkle,” apply it generously over your entire eyelid up toward your crease. I used a mixture of my finger and a small eyelid brush to apply it, as both work well.
- Apply the glitter portion of the Revlon Photoready Eye Art “Topaz Twinkle” along your entire lower lash-line. The brush applicator is small and comes to a slightly tapered end, so it is super easy to apply it to the contours of your eyes. Give this thirty seconds or so to dry and set.
- Apply a flesh colored liner along your lower water-line to open up the eyes.
- Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara. Apply false eyelashes if you would like.
- Revlon Photoready Eye Art “Topaz Twinkle”
- Urban Decay Naked On The Run
- Stila Kajal Liner in “Topaz”
- Dior Addict It Lash Mascara
- Makeup Academy Eyelashes in “Glamour” (Most CVS stores in the US now carry this brand. These lashes are so natural looking and affordable!)
HOW TO GET THE FACE MAKEUP AND LIPS: Use a luminous foundation and contour your cheekbones using a matte bronzer. Apply a neutral colored blush further back on your cheekbones. Highlight your cheekbones and nose for a dewy look. Apply a long-lasting red lipstick or lip stain for a pop of holiday cheer.
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation
- NARS Paloma Contour Blush
- BECCA Cosmetics Opal Highlighter
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel
- Rimmel Provocalips 16hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour in “550 – Play With Fire”
The new Rimmel Provocalips 16hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour is amazing. It’s a lip stain and lip color in one that dries down to an ultra long-lasting finish. It also has a lip balm end that locks in the color and adds shine. I highly recommend these!
THE FINISHED LOOK:
As always, feel free to make the look your own by changing out the lip color to something you love or have on hand, or even by purchasing a different shade of the brand new Revlon Photoready Eye Art Duo’s. I personally want to go back and get a few of the other shades now myself!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]