Since I’m going through all of my holiday makeup look ideas on here, I decided to include one of my favorite vampy lip colors, MAC Cosmetics Media Lipstick. I love MAC “Media” so much because it actually has tones of brown and plum in it, so it ends up being flattering on a lot of different skin tones. If you’re very fair skinned, fear not! These lip colors will work incredibly against your milky white skin tone. I know a lot of people are intimidated by vampy, sexy lipstick shades like this one, so I’m going to show you a look using it, and a full breakdown of all the products I used.
[May contain press samples.]
LIP PRODUCTS USED:
- Milani Lip Liner in “10 – Cocoa.” This is the perfect drugstore lip liner to use when you are applying really dark shades of lipstick. It keeps your dark lip color from feathering and keeps the lipstick around your lip line.
- MAC Cosmetics “Media” Lipstick. The star of the show, this lipstick is pure sophistication. It’s dark, it’s sexy, it’s mysterious, and anyone can rock it with confidence. This shade remains flattering because of the brown and plum tones it has in it. Rather than being a flat out burgundy or darkened red, it has tones in it that work for everyone.
EYE PRODUCTS USED:
- Laura Mercier Artist’s Eyeshadow Palette. I brushed a shimmering taupe shade over my eyelids and used a light pink-toned brown in the crease of my eyes.
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner in “Black.” My favorite inexpensive liquid eye liner. I flicked it out into a cat eye for extra drama.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara in “Black.” This lengthens and volumizes your lashes well!
FACE PRODUCTS USED:
- Too Faced “Hotel Heiress” Bronzer. I used this to lightly contour my cheekbones.
- Maybelline Blush in “Ravishing Rouge.” This shade is a darkened red and goes well with the lipstick.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I used this to highlight my cheekbones and give my face a glow!
THE FINISHED LOOK:
This is a great option for a holiday makeup look. The lips are perfect for a holiday party! The cheeks are flushed with a burgundy blush and the cheekbones are highlighted for a glowing look. The eyes are shimmering and light so that they look opened and awake.
I’ve been personally wearing dark lips almost every single day lately. I love the way they look! I think this will also be my Christmas makeup look as well.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]