My husband and I were out together last night and I decided to do my usual “drugstore crawl” where I visit several drugstores in the same area. We’re getting to that time of year where the fall and holiday releases are slowly trickling out, so I wanted to see if I stumbled upon anything new. I found new palettes from Wet n Wild, including this one, Girls Just Wanna Have Funds. I picked this one up as well as “Melrose Face,” which is full of neutral shades. They were buy one, get one 50% off, so I paid $2.49 for this palette total. I have full swatches and how to get this makeup look inside!
Girls Just Wanna Have Funds is mostly made up of green shades with the exception of a chocolate brown. Believe it or not, this palette reminded me of the original amazing formula that Wet n Wild is known for. They were all super soft, silky, and pigmented in just one swipe. I was worried that it was going to be a train-wreck since recent palettes have been disappointing, but this one was fantastic.
HOW TO GET THIS EYE MAKEUP:
- Apply the light green shimmering eyeshadow labeled “Base” in your socket and blend it upward generously.
- Apply the chocolate brown shade labeled “Crease,” and work it into the crease of your eye only. You may need to do this a few times to build the color up cleanly.
- Apply the forest green shade labeled “Eyelid” over your entire eyelid and across your lower lash-line using a wet brush.
- Apply the shade labeled “Definer” into the outer-third of your eye, both on the upper lid and lower lash-line to smoke everything out. Go back with your fluffy blending brush and make sure everything is well blended.
- Go in with the shade labeled “Browbone” and apply it to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Apply a dark green eyeliner to your lower water-line. I used Bobbi Brown’s Gel Eyeliner in “Ivy Shimmer Ink.”
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara. False lashes are optional, but I used my Esqido’s in “Lashlorette” and I LOVE them so much.
The final look gives you that pop of green along the water-line and all over the eyelid, with a gorgeous complementary chocolate brown in the crease. I don’t wear green eyeshadow often but this is a perfect eye makeup look for those with hazel and brown eyes especially.
I always wear neutral nudes with green eyeshadow. I just think it looks classic and makes the greens pop. I used a nude blush and highlighted my cheekbones.
My lips are Maybelline Lipstick in “Sin-a-mon” and I am absolutely in love with this shade. It’s inexpensive and so flattering.
There are so many wonderful inexpensive palettes out there at the drugstore and Wet n Wild’s “Girls Just Wanna Have Funds” is one of them. It’s limited edition for Fall 2015 and retails for under $5.00USD, making it a major beauty bargain.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]