To me, makeup brushes are an anomaly, because I find them to be the most important part of great makeup, yet they are also the most expensive part of great makeup. You can easily spend hundreds of dollars on makeup brushes, especially if you’re filling out your makeup kit or trying to get enough brushes to do a little bit of everything. It can be frustrating when you don’t have the right tools, and it can also be an extremely expensive task to fill up your makeup brush collection. Today I’m reviewing the Crown Brush Purple HD Brush Set, which doesn’t break the bank. The 6-piece brush set comes in at under $30, and it has a brush for everything you need. Many of the brushes are multi-taskers, and can be used for several different purposes. Not only is the brush kit affordable and multi-tasking, but that color. That color! It’s enough to make a woman swoon and feel really glamorous.
This Purple HD Brush Set comes in a case that is easily wipe-able and won’t get dirty easily. The case matches the color of the brush tips inside. By now, you probably know that purple is my all-time favorite color in the entire universe, and if something comes in purple, it will always be the one I take home with me. This is no exception. This case and the brushes inside all have a gorgeous purple color to them that makes them stand out against other brushes in my collection.
The case is thin, making it ideal for travel or on-the-go touch ups. You can easily slide this into your purse so you have your brushes with you, and if you’re traveling, forget about bulking up your makeup bag with twenty different brushes!
When you unzip the case, there are brush holders for all of the 6 brushes, as well as a large mirror and a set of tweezers. I love the addition of the large mirror and tweezers. There’s been many times when I needed a pair of tweezers and didn’t have any with me! I also like that the case holds every brush in its place well. This keeps the brushes from getting damaged.
Inside the 6-piece kit:
- Eyeliner Brush
- Crease Brush
- Eyeshadow Brush
- Contour Brush
- Blush Brush
- Powder Brush
Some of the most frequent questions that I get asked are, “What makeup brushes do I need? What are the essential brushes? What do each of them do?” Well, I’m here to map that out for you! This is a wonderful brush kit whether you’re a beginner or a professional. If you’re looking for a nice little kit that has a brush to do everything, this Crown Brush HD Set will do the trick. Here is the run down:
- Eyeliner Brush: This brush will do the obvious eyeliner, and it’s also my favorite way of applying eyeliner to my upper lash-line. If you’re using gel liner, this will give you accurate precision and allow you to apply a perfect wing. You can also use this brush as a lip brush to apply lipstick or lip gloss, especially if you want to get really precise lines. You can also use this brush to apply eyeshadow to really small, precise areas such as along your lower lashes.
- Crease Brush: A crease brush works perfectly to apply and blend eyeshadow into the crease or “socket” of your eye. Whenever I refer to a “fluffy blending brush,” this is what I mean. This brush is my all-time lifesaver, and the one brush I use the most. It blends out harsh eyeshadow lines, applies color to your brow-bone lightly, and is perfect for highlighting small regions, like along your cupid’s bow. I also always use this brush for contouring my nose with bronzer because of the small, fluffy tip.
- Eyeshadow Brush: This is a classic eyeshadow brush that you can use to apply color to your lid with. You can also use this to fill in your brows, or use just the tip of the brush to apply color as liner along your upper or lower lash-lines. If you wet the brush with a spritz of water, you can make your eyeshadow even more intense.
- Contour Brush: The contour brush is perfect for bronzer and highlighter. You can contour your cheekbones with this, as well as apply your highlight to the upper cheekbones for a glow. It can also be used to set and apply your concealer as a brush, especially on blemishes or small regions you want to conceal.
- Blush Brush: The blush brushes duties are limitless. You can use it for blush, bronzer, highlighter, powder, foundation, or even just plain blending out products that are already on your face. Face brushes are typically the biggest multi-taskers out there, so the possibilities are endless.
- Powder Brush: The perfect brush for using with powder, you can use this to set your foundation or concealer, apply bronzer, apply blush, or blend out harsh lines on your face. It’s quite fluffy and large in size, so it will dispense product evenly and you won’t get a super dense, dramatic application.
All of these brushes are synthetic, vegan-friendly, and can be used with liquids, creams, and powders. You will get a really high definition finish when you use all of these brushes in conjunction with your makeup products. Considering the entire set costs only $27.95 USD, this is a huge beauty bargain. You’re getting a brush for every task you need at a wonderful value.
The Crown Brush Purple HD Brush Set is available at the Crown Brush website. Each set retails for $27.95 USD. They also sell this exact kit in orange and white if purple isn’t your thing. As for me, every morning when I do my makeup, these brushes stand out in a sea of plain black makeup brushes. They’re fun to look at and use, and they work flawlessly.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article contains a sample product provided by the brand or PR company. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to honesty in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to Rebecca@beautygala.com, or by using our Press Inquiry Form.]